Proud owner of a new 2017 RAV4 hybrid XLE - Toyota RAV4 Forums
Member Introductions Old or New? - Introduce yourself here!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 02:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Proud owner of a new 2017 RAV4 hybrid XLE

I just bought a new silver 2017 RAV4 hybrid XLE with convenience package and nav system. I also door edge guard, side moldings with thin protection films on hood, fenders and bumpers to protect the paint. I also bought the 7 years/100000 mi bumper-to-bumper warranty and the 5 yrs maintenance. I am pretty happy with my new car except I can't get to the 33 mpg combined fuel economy; the best I got is around 29 mpg and I am driving mostly in city and I am not a heavy footer. But besides this, everything looks good.
I almost forgot one thing, the NiMh battery pack have never been fully charged to max since I acquired the car and the max has one bar left; is this normal|?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 12:55 PM

Congrats on the new car! 29 for a hybrid does sound low but I guess that's the normal for hybrid suvs.

Can I ask you about the paint protection film: how much did it cost, does it look off/stand out ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
The total cost of the films was about $600 at the dealer; it covered the front half of the hood, the fenders, the side mirrors, the front bumpers and the rear bumper. I should have skipped the rear bumper because my car has already the bumper protector installed. The films are very good, I can't distinguish any difference in color and can only feel it when I run mu fingers over them.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 04:13 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkbtam View Post
I just bought a new silver 2017 RAV4 hybrid XLE with convenience package and nav system. I also door edge guard, side moldings with thin protection films on hood, fenders and bumpers to protect the paint. I also bought the 7 years/100000 mi bumper-to-bumper warranty and the 5 yrs maintenance. I am pretty happy with my new car except I can't get to the 33 mpg combined fuel economy; the best I got is around 29 mpg and I am driving mostly in city and I am not a heavy footer. But besides this, everything looks good.
I almost forgot one thing, the NiMh battery pack have never been fully charged to max since I acquired the car and the max has one bar left; is this normal|?
What kind of driving do you do, as in multiple short trips or long trips (less than 10 miles per trip)? Since you didn't list a location in profile, what is your overall weather? How many tanks of fuel have you used so far to reach the numbers you cite?

Not sure about the battery bars thing. Maybe just not driven enough to fully charge or short trips?

2009 Red RAV4 Base I4 AWD
1989 Chevy Silverado V8 4WD
2004 Yamaha FJR 1300 I4 1WD
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkbtam View Post
The total cost of the films was about $600 at the dealer; it covered the front half of the hood, the fenders, the side mirrors, the front bumpers and the rear bumper. I should have skipped the rear bumper because my car has already the bumper protector installed. The films are very good, I can't distinguish any difference in color and can only feel it when I run mu fingers over them.

Ok cool, thanks for the mentioning the costs. I'll try and check with my dealer for the film for my 2015 rav4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page