New Nissan Pathfinder - Toyota RAV4 Forums
Off Topic Want to talk about something besides the RAV4? Go for it! NO POLITICS PLEASE!!!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 06:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
New Nissan Pathfinder

Not quite in the same class as a RAV, more like an Edge or Explorer, Pilot, Highlander, Traverse, upcoming 7 passenger Santa Fe or even Grand Cherokee 6 cyl. versions but the pricing is quite competitive and that could potentially "steal" V6 RAV customers especially if the new 4.4 RAV is 4 cyl. only.

It's no longer the typical 4WD but more like a modern crossover vehicle, similar to what Kia did with the Sorento a couple of years ago and it became an instant success. On paper, a V6 RAV will blow the doors off this new Nissan offering but for the average buyer who prefers a Japanese vehicle over a Korean or American one, that could be an interesting alternative.

I'll check it out later at our local auto show in January just for fun or I'll go to my local Nissan dealer as my girlfriend is thinking of upgrading her 2008 Civic Coupe to a 2012 2.5 Altima Coupe; I think there are some good deals now that the new redesigned 2013 is out. The only thing she does not like on the Civic is lack of torque; she's also tempted by the Scion TC (not the best fit & finish). She definitely wants an affordable coupe so there are a few more; Kia Forte Koup (new model coming out), Hyundai Elantra Coupe (no torque), Honda Accord (too big). Alas, the Civic Coupe Si is only available with stick shift, a shame as the 2.4L 200HP engine is a nice mill Comments are welcomed

2012 Sport V6 Classic Silver no option
1999 Lexus RX300 Pearl White base gone
1972 Corolla 1200 Yellow 4 speed manual long gone
Others too many to mention!

Last edited by Freedom55; 11-19-2012 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Keep in mind the Altima coupe is only available with a CVT transmission.......she may love it or hate it. It is also questionable if it will go beyond the 2013 year model.

Old Bird......sometimes wise
2008 Base V-6 front wheel drive
2008 Limited V-6 front wheel drive
Both with Tow Prep Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page