Detailers-Offer an opinion on an architectural issue! - Page 2 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
Off Topic Want to talk about something besides the RAV4? Go for it! NO POLITICS PLEASE!!!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Pim
It's not an option in any economy. Ever read The Fountainhead? Good way to lose money, reputation and go out of business fast. It's a tough profession and a lot different than most people imagine.

2009 RAV4 Sport 4WD V6 SAP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Pim
Advanced Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Oh, i can tell you that i have rejected clients in the past and they came back trying to get me to do the work.
It's all about what you have to offer and how you present it.
Especially if people have the idea you have something others don't you can pick your clients and become more and more picky on it.
And that goes for any time and any economy. Finding that niche market is the main issue tough, becoming well known in that world is another. Takes time and effort, but will pay off.
Greetz

Pim

Driving a BMW318i with LPG at the moment. Had a 2.0 RAV4.1 1997 3drs 4WD euro model w/ABS dual sunroof blue two tone previously.
#13 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 01:39 PM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
It's not about all that ego stuff. I'm not insulted, especially at such a mundane detail. Maybe in residential architecture this mindset can exist. I've done some residential in the past and I can see this occurring with some architects and clients. But with commercial and institutional work (we're not talking about big projects for Harvard, MIT or Yale!)..this idea of rejecting the client because they don't see the genius of your vision is rubbish. We all do our best to present reasonable, cost-effective, efficient and attractive options...which will not take forever to design...or to construct...and sometimes one of the options gains some traction...sometimes not. Life goes on. The bills get paid. Especially when there are many employees in the office, there's no room for ego; you have to keep everyone rolling along.

2009 RAV4 Sport 4WD V6 SAP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page