Sandyhook,something fishy! - Toyota RAV4 Forums
Off Topic Want to talk about something besides the RAV4? Go for it! NO POLITICS PLEASE!!!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 12:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 12:50 PM

Not sure if I buy into the complete conspiracy theory. Even in the beginning I noticed that there was more dis-information in the media than usual. That may be a sign of something fishy. This video sure does raise some questions.
#3 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 02:36 PM
Advanced Member

From tne start it was evident that the video is intended to be an alarmist anti-gun control piece and it does raise some interesting questions which were evident beforehand to people who were watching the live TV news reports and the reports which followed the immediate incident. In any such incident there is a lot of confusion, especially on-scene at the time. But the ending allegation that the Sandy Hook incident is part of deliberate attempt to disarm U.S. citizens would appear to be conspiracy theory propaganda. There is no practical way that legal weapons would be taken from citizens especially since only some classes of weapons must be registered and those laws are inconsistent from one jurisdiction to the next, and there is little doubt that there are illegal weapons about as well. Who knows who has firearms and who does not?

Jim
2011 Upgraded Base V6 4WD
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT
2002 Craftsman LT1000 V2

Jesus is Lord
#4 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 04:00 PM

The BATF/FBI knows where every gun sold thru an FFL dealer goes initially. It is part of the background check process. Anyone who has a concealed carry permit or is registered in a state requiring so is also identifiable. The point is that there is a way to know the legal owners and potentially ban and confiscate those weapons. Individual sales and illegal ones are not traceable so that only legal owners (less the small percentage buying pre-owned from an individual) would be disarmed with any ban legislation change and therein lies the problem. Those selling anything on the black market only welcomes any law changes as it makes their product more valuable be it a weapon or heroin.
#5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Here is why police/federal agencies will never know where all the legally owned guns are not to mention those gained illegally:

Presently, 17 states regulate private firearm sales at gun shows. Seven states require background checks on all gun sales at gun shows (California, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Oregon, New York, Illinois and Colorado). Four states (Hawaii, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania) require background checks on all handgun, but not long gun, purchasers at gun shows. Six states require individuals to obtain a permit to purchase handguns that involves a background check (Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Iowa, Nebraska). Certain counties in Florida require background checks on all private sales of handguns at gun shows. The remaining 33 states do not restrict private, intrastate sales of firearms at gun shows in any manner.

Old Bird......sometimes wise
2008 Base V-6 front wheel drive
2008 Limited V-6 front wheel drive
Both with Tow Prep Package
#6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 09:43 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Sorry, I didn't bother watching the video.
I spent two days going thru conspiracy theories after 9-11. Some I discarded instantly but I followed thru on the logic of others. They took a couple of facts and extrapolated them to their own conclusions. Often they ended up proving just the opposite. Example: One that tried to put the blame on an undercover US govt plot said the the President was supposed to land on the same Pentagon Pad the airliner crashed onto but his visit was abruptly cancelled. (They called it a missile strike.) If that was true, and no proof was given, are they trying to say he found out about it just in time from his own govt? No logic there!

Moderators if this post #6 causes another I-said, he-said, they-said flap please delete this post #6.
#7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 10:02 PM
Advanced Member

(Thread Starter)
At least you could watch it before wanting it removed...mercy
#8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 10:07 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd72m View Post
At least you could watch it before wanting it removed...mercy
No worries, I meant my post not anyone else's. I'll clarify.
#9 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 12:10 AM
Advanced Member

Much of any background check especially regarding long guns was enacted after many millions already had been sold. Until relatively recently, for example, one could buy long guns in places such as California and Minnesota with no checks being made or reports being filed.

Jim
2011 Upgraded Base V6 4WD
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT
2002 Craftsman LT1000 V2

Jesus is Lord
#10 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blogson View Post
Much of any background check especially regarding long guns was enacted after many millions already had been sold. Until relatively recently, for example, one could buy long guns in places such as California and Minnesota with no checks being made or reports being filed.
November 30, 1998 when the Brady Law took effect for both handguns and long guns. Considering that metal cartridge firearms, what defines a firearm to this day, started in the mid 19th century there certainly were many made and owned over the almost 150 years prior to the law.

ATF Online - Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - Brady Law
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page