Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Throttle body spacer

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  mensajero 
#1 ·
Is there a known throttl body spacer that will work on the 4.1 rav's, I'v searched the net with no luck, I have read about other people installing them on other vehicles with satisfactory results , and was thinking what the Heck and try one ont the rav and that it couldn't hurt.

#6 ·
Thanks for the info , now I know how much to budget for this spring . I have one on my 99 dodge ram 5.2L , and its not as sluggish at lower rpm and I picked up 1-2 mpg .

I already have a k&n style kit installed on my rav. It has been on there for about 6 years , it helps my wallet for sure (don't have to buy stock air filters,)

#7 ·
A K&N Stock filter will help at high RPM. In low gear it will just clean air. For performance you will need some kind of funnel routed to the following filter. The K&N Apollo is the best. Believe me, I've used them all. Especially if you install a cold air source.

#10 ·
You are correct Abzstrak, the Helix TB spacer ALONE won’t do nothing. You need, well, that is the thing. I have Header, intake, computer (Apexi), O2 sensor (AEM), Engine and transaxle oil coolers, Bilstein Shocks, H&R springs, TRD Short Shifter, TRD Anti-sway bar, Stainless Steel brake lines, a Toyota V6 waiting in the garage to be dropped in with header and maybe even a TT setup. I’m upgrading my brake system to Avalon disk brakes, all the rest and it worked for me. It all comes together like a package. Go fast, stop fast and watch out for the other guy.
BTW Abzstrack, what mods do you have?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.