Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Rav4.1 Rare Wrap Around Body Kit - How Does It Look?

9K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Ahya728 
#1 · (Edited)
So I excitedly (accidental) inquired on this rare, properly proportioned (except for the skirts) custom wrap around for my rav4.1 included in it are: front bumper, mesh grill, fender flares, side skirts and rear spoiler.

I was planning on concentrating on under chassis first (like I told to Mensajero) then the engine swap and the body kits last. But I found out that this guy is finally parting out and is selling the kit, refurbished and repainted at $370 usd, so maybe that also got me deciding on keeping it and hiding it under the soil of my dungeon.

Once I got it, I'm planning on just stocking it, and just finish on prioritizing with suspension, wheels and engine wishes, before installing it, so It won't be ricey. :)

Did I made the right choice? Does it look better than Bomex's? I'm claiming it this weekend, I was happy about it at first but now, I'm kinda not. :|

This is how it looks, it has 1.5" drop, mine's still at stock height: (photoshopped the color to match mine)

And this is how it looks without that skirts:

This is the Rav of the person whom I will be transacting with this weekend.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks pretty good!, I wish I could find a set of flares around here, they are so rare!.

Reactions: Ahya728
#5 ·
I'm not reallty a fan of big front air dams on SUV's myself, but overall the kit looks good, without the front air dam (air brake essentially) I would buy the kit :D

unless there is some benefit to the air dam that I am not seeing, they look like they add to aerodynamic drag due to the flat surface area up front.

#7 ·
Unless there is some benefit to the air dam that I am not seeing, they look like they add to aerodynamic drag due to the flat surface area up front.
Those front space you say create drag, well, their is a way around that. you can use them for the intake throttle body like i have. The other one can be used for cooling the brake pads. It also helps your ride on the freeway.

#6 ·
To be honest, I don't really see the 3dr Rav as an SUV, since I first saw the thing. lol I know, I must have stuck my head off my azz. I consider it as a hot hatch that can go off road based from its curved shape and size.

I kind of want a little help from aero since I may sometimes cannot control myself when driving on the hills. I'll update how it'll perform once I got hold of those suspensions, decent tires and some others. :D

#8 ·
Yeha, I have seen them with ducts for brake cooling, and a big cutout for intercooler fitting, they do have their uses, I just do not push my cars hard enough to even see 1% performace increase from such a kit, it would be purely cosmetic to me.

Now if your turbocharging on the other hand, your intercooler and oil cooler will need more space to live, and duct to the oversize brakes so you can be sure you stop efficiently.

#9 ·
On this, it is purely cosmetic, I'll admit, it won't give anything on my stock engine lol. That dam in front, wind will just be deflected downwards by the stock bumper underneath it.

On the other hand, like you said Aussie50, if the stock bumper would be cut to form space for front mounted intercooler, pipings and some other uses, then this thing would be useful.

This is your fault Mensa haha, your rav was the idea. I'm also not gonna include the skirts once I got it. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.