15x10 MT Wheels? - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.1 D.I.Y. and Modifications Share your RAV4.1 projects and ideas for future mods here!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 11:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
15x10 MT Wheels?

I'm aware that our first gen Ravs have somewhat large brakes and that most 15in wheels probably wouldn't fit. I was told that a 15x10 would fit, I'm not sure what makes this different than any other 15in wheel but I wouldn't like to find out the hard way. Anyway, I was checking out some Mickey Thompsons, the Classic Lock Blacks to be exact. The 15x10 has a bolt pattern of 5 x 4.5in which I believe is the same as 5 x 114.3mm which the Rav4 has? It also has a -48mm offset which is more than the look I am going for. I may need to shop around for some fender flares but surely that can wait. I suppose what I'm looking for right now is some assurance, if anyone knows whether or not these wheels would/should fit it would be a great start

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 02:48 AM
Pim
Advanced Member

Garage
RAV4 have an offset between 33 and 45, your offset is larger. It will, especially on the front, rub heavily. I would advice to look for another rim.

I cannot tell you exactly if the bolt pattern size matches. Since that is very delicate it will need to be a precise match or you better choose a different rim. Because of the 4 wheels being continuously driven you don't want to have lots of stress from not fitting bolt pattern on any of the wheels.
Greetz

Pim

Driving a BMW318i with LPG at the moment. Had a 2.0 RAV4.1 1997 3drs 4WD euro model w/ABS dual sunroof blue two tone previously.
#3 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 11:46 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pim View Post
RAV4 have an offset between 33 and 45, your offset is larger. It will, especially on the front, rub heavily. I would advice to look for another rim.
Pim
Well I guess you learn something new every day, the search continues then!
#4 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 10:28 PM

Those Mickey Thompsons have been fitted on a 1st gen, they used a fender flare that is no longer available. It looked awesome.
#5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 10:29 PM

See these pictures, The blue car especially

Have you seen a older shape RAV4 with wide body kit like this (photo)
#6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 01:59 AM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Flis View Post
That is truly awesome That negative offset sure does stick out! Maybe more than I was expecting If I could find fender flares like those (which I haven't...yet) I would totally rock that look. Nice find
#7 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 05:12 AM

Yeah 10" wide is just amazing, its a shame the body kit is not made anymore, well atleast i assume it isnt. Maybe one of the older members knows.
#8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2013, 01:50 PM

(Thread Starter)
UPDATE: A little while back I purchased a 15x8 mickey thompson wheel and mounted it on a 235/75r15 BFG all terrain. The wheel fit over the brakes fine with plenty of room to spare, no grinding whatsoever, which I admit surprised me since most people on the internet apparently can't find a 15" wheel that fits. The tire sat fine in the rear wheel well with as much beef sticking out as one could hope for, not too much, although fender flares would do it justice. My disappointment struck just where I thought it would in the front where I will simply state that it rubbed like a bitch. On both wheel wells there is a little plastic hump sticking out which is covering metal which I believe is part of the chassis. Grinding it down possibly could have solved my problem but who knows what kind of misfortune that would bring in the future, I wasn't trying to find out. Perhaps a 2-3" lift could solve the problem, but as usual all we can find is a 1.25" lift which I don't think would be enough. If I had used a different wheel with less of an offset and maybe a 7" width I may have gotten away with it. I've given up for now, I'm settling with my oem 16" wheels, 225/70r16 BFG all terrains, and maybe some wheel spacers after I do some more research. If you can make 235/75r15 happen though then go for it, the look does not disappoint
#9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 01:15 AM

Mickey Thompson 15x10 with Delta widebody flares.

#10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 03:35 PM

(Thread Starter)
Yea it sure is pretty awesome, I'm wondering if the 15x8 and 15x10 have different offsets which could have led to mine rubbing. Plus the fact that I was trying to fit all terrains might have something to do with it whereas every widebody I've ever seen on the internet has radials
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page