Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Toyota Techstream and MVCI

591K views 441 replies 102 participants last post by  ruggb 
#1 ·
I bought Toyota Techstream and MVCI cable on ebay
2012 Newest V7 11 010 Mini VCI V7 for Toyota Cable Software Tis Techstream | eBay
for $28.99. This is the same software and a similar interface that the dealerships are using to diagnose, upgrade, reset, etc our Rav4s.

I can confirm this system works! I turned off my daytime running lights and removed the seat belt reminder. I also Reset my transmission adapted memory after a transmission rebuilt, watched live streaming data, such as transmission temperature. Wow, where has this been since 2007 when I got my Rav4.

This is making big waves on all the Toyota forums, such as TundraTalk and others Offical TechStream software thread( settings and such) - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

So, I guess we need to have an official thread here on Rav4World.com! What are your experiences with Techstream and the MiniVCI cable?

Just one thing about this system, it will appear to work, but will not work on a 64 bit operating system. You NEED a 32 bit operating system. Many people are using a virtual machine for this.

See less See more
#2 ·
I just received mine in the mail yesterday. Installed the Techstream software on the laptop last night, but haven't plugged into the RAV yet to test it. It came with version 7.20.041 of the software on a mini-CD.

#3 ·
I found one bug, I posted this on TundraTalk--
I am using Win7 32bit , everything works great. But, when I watch live data, there are four pages of live data and my techstream always crashes within 1 minute if I scroll to the last page of data (transmission temps are on last page). Anyone confirm this?

#5 ·
No problem with XP once I installed the latest driver. As you can see my transmission fluid temperature is 99.5:

#4 ·
I put one on my eBay watch list for the next time my eBay Bucks get up that high.
But James, from the list you posted I didn't see much useful to do on my '06 except turning off AC every time I turn on climate control. Not even a way to make the DRLs brighter. :rolleyes:

Are there more hidden in there somewhere like the transmission functions 33k mentioned?

#6 ·
Actually you can! If you go to Main Body Live, and click on Head Light Hi, you can turn on your high beams (and only the high beams) at full brightness even if the headlight switch is off:

#7 ·
I've been playing with the Techstream software tonight, and it seems to do almost anything. Looks like my 600,000 mile extended warranty has run out:

No problem, I'll just turn it back to zero: :)

And now it looks like my 4WD light is on, which is strange since I don't have 4WD: :)

I turned off the DRL's, because I always drive with the headlights on anyway. I also changed the defroster to NOT automatically turn on the A/C compressor so I can control it myself. The dealer would charge a lot more than the 30 bucks this package costs--it's a great deal!

#34 ·
I've been playing with the Techstream software tonight, and it seems to do almost anything. Looks like my 600,000 mile extended warranty has run out:

No problem, I'll just turn it back to zero: :)

And now it looks like my 4WD light is on, which is strange since I don't have 4WD: :)

I turned off the DRL's, because I always drive with the headlights on anyway. I also changed the defroster to NOT automatically turn on the A/C compressor so I can control it myself. The dealer would charge a lot more than the 30 bucks this package costs--it's a great deal!

How did you change the milage on your car? I have access to the oem techstream from toyota at work, but I don't think that it can change the milage...:confused: our version is 7.00.020

#11 ·
No, not unless you have a 1995 or older Toyota.

#12 ·
No, you can turn the light on and off, but when you exit the utility it goes back to whatever state it was originally. You can register a new set of TPMS sensors, and it shows a MAIN and 2nd set in the listing.

#10 ·
Any links or lists of what all you can change with this? On those Tundra forums it sounds like quite a bit, but how much of it is valid for the Rav?

Rick

#199 ·
Any links or lists of what all you can change with this? On those Tundra forums it sounds like quite a bit, but how much of it is valid for the Rav?

Rick
I have a 2010 RAV4 base model and I can't change anything because there is nothing TO change. Manual seats, manual AC, bare bones. Just the way I wanted it.

On my 09 Avalon XL I can choose whether to hear the beep when the remote is used, some blending the air on the HVAC, several other things. I was surprised to see that I couldn't turn the beep off when the rAV4 is locked and unlocked. I have successfully programmed keys on the RAV4 and it looks like I can screw up the TPMS pretty good too.

#13 ·
I got this a couple of days ago, but need some guidance.
I have a 2012 Rav4 v6, 4x4 sport with the basic security alarm.
Every time I press the unlock to open the door, there are three sounds. horn buzzer and two beeps.

Now,imagine the same three sound every time I try to unlock for doors. A total of 4 beeps, and two horn buzz.

First, I tried to set the setting to open all doors in one unlock press, but I couldn't get it to work.

Then, I tried to set the warn buzzer to be off... Nothing worked..
As soon as I tired to arm or disarm the alarm would go off.

What made it worse was that, my key fob couldn't turn off the alarm. It kept going off until I use the software to reset the settings and use the key fob afterwards. (the alarm was buzzing while I still have the key in the "on" mode, trying to customize the settings.)

#18 ·
Yes! Both of mine are set to disabled, so all I get is 5 beeps for the driver and that's it. And the 1-click open all doors is a must have as well. Also I disabled the 10-second beep when one of the doors is ajar and you try to lock them. It's annoying and stupid.

#23 ·
That would require additional electronics and different switches. I highly doubt it could be done with software alone.

#24 ·
No, the driver's side window uses a more sophisticated motor that has an ECU controlling it for AUTO function and jam protection. The other 3 windows have a basic motor. Other Toyotas do have all AUTO windows, for example the Camry, and the Vanguard (LWB RAV4) in Japan.

#25 ·
It comes direct from China, where they tend to ignore copyright law, patents, and all that icky stuff. It cannot be disabled remotely.

If your conscience bothers you, the real deal can be ordered from Toyota for only $1345. This includes the cable, and a 1 year subscription to the TIS site. The Techstream software expires at the end of the year unless renewed:

https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfoPortal/appmanager/t3/ti?_pageLabel=ti_ts_lite&_nfpb=true

Here's an interactive demo of Techstream and what it can do:

https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInf...techinfo/html/prelogin/docs/ts/tsUserDemo.htm

#29 ·
I don't know, mine came with Techstream V7.20.041 even though the auction said it would be V7.11.010.

#33 ·
I also just bought one with the 7.20 :D

Sent from my HTC ONE X

#32 ·
#43 ·
OK, I looked at this tonight and the answer is NO. You can monitor the functions live but you can't change anything.

#50 ·
Yes!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.