Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

2013 Toyota RAV4 Review - Video

17K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  NVFC098 
#1 ·

Going mainstream helps RAV4 stand out
by Richard Cazeau

Often touted as the vehicle that created the compact crossover segment, consumers care little for history and instead want a product that fits their modern needs and wants; which is why the Toyota RAV4 came to be in the first place.

So with demand for the small soft-roader waning, a fourth-generation RAV4 is here, looking to attract new buyers with more sport and more style, though without a few of the features we’ve come to expect.

SPORTY AND SOPHISTICATED

Dressed to impress, the new RAV4 is cooler than ever with a new front fascia, a lower roofline, sportier alloy wheels and a rear spoiler. Mirroring the sort of swoopy lines that characterize modern competitors like the Hyundai Santa Fe and Mazda CX-5, it’s certain to resonate more clearly with car shoppers looking for a more stylish cute-ute.

With a look unseen on any Toyota products, it comes to a point with angled headlights and an under-biting front bumper. Of course, higher trim levels deliver plenty of chrome detailing, with foglights included with XLE and Limited trims. With the new style come new wheels with 17-inch rollers standard while 18s are fitted to the Limited trim. Optional on LE models and standard on Limited and XLE trims are roof rails to help keep the look sporty though with a premium touch.
Read the complete 2013 Toyota RAV4 Review at AutoGuide.com

See less See more
1 1
#4 ·
I'm looking forward to some real tests performed by Car and Driver, etc.
Me too, I didn't even get half way thru that pooof video. I don't need some guy reading me numbers with music in the background! :eek::eek::eek:

#5 · (Edited)
Almost appeared that the reviewer is employed by Toyota's advertising department. The only neutral note was about a minor interior item's appearance. Most of the comments were subjective and revealed a bias towards the direction in which competitors have moved - less SUV and more "crossover." About the advertised fuel consumption figures the reviewer did not actually compute them but took Toyota's word.

#6 ·
2014 RAV 4 reviews

The first test drives are already posted on Leftlanenews and Autoblog websites and they paint pretty bleak picture. One thing about MY 2014 I was wrong is acceleration time which is actually better than the outgoing model has.
As I was worried the new model became a grocery getter and nothing more though very well equipped. Car and Driver will , in my opinion , give it even worse review since they prefer sporty handling vehicles.

#7 ·
looks like a biassed review to me...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.