Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Installed HID 35W xenon 6000K with slim ballasts but now fog lights will no turned on

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  ambient757 
#1 ·
I just now accomplished installing my HID lights as stated in my title. I ran into some slight trouble. The HID H4 3-prong male end was not installed correctly to correlates with my female stock socket (it should have been just plug and play but plugged it and no light came to play). I had to re-prong it by rearranging the way it was set (blew a fuse on the process but fixed it). I succeeded but the halogen portion of the HID is not lighting up (for this problem I did not care much as long as I get my HIDs working and stay working). This set of HIDs are not bi-xenon (means dual beam - high/low beam). Same old stuff - secured the ballasts and cords accordingly.

Here's the kicker...I did not messed with any other things that still work. "don't fixed if it's not broken" philosophy kind of person.

But now my fog lights will not work...any clues why?????????????????????

I am not sure what happened here. I thought it was completely separate from the headlight assembly. It is not getting power for some reason.

In 2002 Rav-4s the fog lights cannot be turned on until the headlight is on (unless modified switched is used). In my stock bulb, once the headlight is turned on...I can also switch my fog lights on.

After the HIDs were installed, my fog lights no longer work. But if I re-install my stock bulb to the bulb plug, my fog lights turns on.

I need help on this. I am completely clueless about this. I have been looking online but nothing seem to be relevant to my problem. Do I need to rearrange the prongs again to get the HID so work as well the fog lights?

Help please...I did not think with the tech this advance that this would be this problematic with just lights.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.