Headlights on a Toyota Rav4 VX VVTI AUTO 2002 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.2 D.I.Y. and Modifications Share your RAV4.2 projects and ideas for future mods here!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Headlights on a Toyota Rav4 VX VVTI AUTO 2002

Hello all. I am new to the forum so I hope I am putting this in the right place. I have taken the above Rav4 to live in France and need to put it onto French number plates so I have to change the headlights for the right side of the road driving. I have found a reasonably priced pair but they are electrically regulated and I have no idea whether mine are or not. What I would like to know is, if I buy these and my old ones are not electrically regulated, will the new ones still fit ok. Apparently the ones I want to buy are supplied with the motors.

Any help/info gratefully received. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysilver View Post
Hello all. I am new to the forum so I hope I am putting this in the right place. I have taken the above Rav4 to live in France and need to put it onto French number plates so I have to change the headlights for the right side of the road driving. I have found a reasonably priced pair but they are electrically regulated and I have no idea whether mine are or not. What I would like to know is, if I buy these and my old ones are not electrically regulated, will the new ones still fit ok. Apparently the ones I want to buy are supplied with the motors.

Any help/info gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

If you car does not currently have a headlight-levelling control (a rotatable knob on the dashboard, to the right of the steering wheel on my 2003 UK model), the new headlights should still technically fit, and be adjustable by adjusting the levelling screws on the back of the unit, you just won't be able to control levelling from inside the car. I'd imagine that the motor-equipped ones are more expensive also.

If you take a picture of the back of your headlight and post it here, I can look and tell you if it is electronically controlled.

I replaced my motor-equipped ones with non-Toyota ones and the new ones needed my old motors exchanged across to them. It may be that the non-motor ones have an adjusting part that can be similarly exchanged.

Regards,

Jamie
#3 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 06:03 AM

(Thread Starter)
Many thanks for your reply Jamie. I took a chance and ordered some headlights on a seven-day return policy. They fit fine. They were supplied without the motor and connected up okay to the existing ones - so all's well that ends well. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page