Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

How to Make Toyota Steering Wheel Emblem Silver?

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ajkochev 
#1 ·
I was wondering how to paint the Toyota emblem in the middle of the steering wheel silver. I have a 2003 Rav4 and the emblem is just plain black, is there any way to make it silver?

Thanks for any feedback.

#2 ·
This is what I'd do. I recently painted my Yaris console fascia and had to mask some pretty small areas, since I build models I used Liquid Mask.

Clean the symbol and steering wheel good with water and then rubbing alcohol. Get some liquid mask from a Hobby or Craft store. I used Hobbico Master Mask. The mask is the consistency of white glue. With a small art brush, paint the areas you don't want silver paint on, all around the outside of the Toyota symbol and the open inside areas, make the coat really thick. Before it dries the mask is water clean up if you make a mistake. Let the mask dry for a hour at least and use masking tape and newspaper to mask off the rest of the steering wheel, seat and dash. Get a spray can of the color you want and good quality outdoor grade spray paint and apply a light coat first, let dry for an hour at least and apple a second coat. Let dry for a couple hours then remove the masking. The liquid mask, when dry, will peel off in one piece with tweezers like a rubber coating, provided you put it on thick enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.