Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Light mods along with some other things

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  JovDuk 
#1 · (Edited)
Here are a few pictures of what I've done so far to my 2001 Toyota RAV4.

All lighting is changed (speedometer, climate control cluster, shifter lights...dome/map lights) I also put in a 7" radio with a reverse cam...lowered it and put in 18" Lenso wheels. I tinted the whole thing with 20% all around. I changed the fog lights and turn signals with a custom black housing and a clear dome piece that goes around the LED ( inside the front turn signals)...clear side fender turn signals and put a HID kit 6000k. I put on the side view mirrors led turn signal with 8 8mm LED diodes (latest mod) Hope you enjoy and will post more pictures soon!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the club!

Nice work on the black indicators & foglights, reminded me of those found on the 'X Rugged Special' model released in Japan. What did you use to replace the amber lens in the indicator housing?

Also, what bulb size did you use for the climate control panel?

#3 ·
As far as the amber piece and the fog light...I ordered those in black and they came that way. My plan before was melt the fog lights in the oven to release the adhesive and if you notice the Amber cover is held by a philips screw. You can get these online.

For the climate control cluster I couldn't find the little LED bulbs they sell that just screw in so I made my own. I bought some "7440 SMD LEDs" from eBay (the picture is included on the bottom) in super white. And then I took the whole light apart and souldered pieces of 2 where every light should have screwed in. I'll have to take it apart and actually take a picture to show you. Very complicated and not an easy job. Get familiar with surface mount LEDs and resisters and souldering.

Good luck if you decide to do it and soon I'll take the cluster apart again and show you what I did.

Attachments

#5 ·
If you take it apart and get to the bulbs to see the size of them I'm sure eBay has them or electronic stores sell them. I just went to one store and they couldn't match them so I ended up doing things my way...I took it apart last night so you can see what I've done...the one you can't see is begins the clock (which was the hardest to do) hope this helps you out!

Attachments

#7 ·
The head unit is brand new...about a few months actually and it is made to fit directly into the RAV4. if you to go eBay and type in item number 141659471508 it will show you exactly what I have in my car. (Also it doesn't matter because it's not a huge brand name unit...but I have had no problems with it at all...you get everything you're looking for along with wifi) anyways good luck!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.