Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Dual Exhaust complete!

25K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  SRG_Blackburn 
#1 ·
So after 3 hours of work with the help of a friend, we were able to turn my dull exhaust on my Rav4 into dual exhaust! :eek: Poor pun, I know, oh well. Lol

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

We removed my old muffler and replaced it with a new Flo-Pro Camaro muffler, which allowed us to run dual out pipes. We debated to what tips would have worked best, and concluded with resonated Flo-Pro tips as well (Got them in a deal). Definitely a good choice after putting it on.

As for the sound, I was most impressed by. Not a ricey sound but a deeper sound, almost like the boxer engine in the subaru's (not quite but close). Drone is basically non-existent till you step on the gas, and that's when it sounds good :thumbs_up: I will be posting a video soon on acceleration runs and start up!

See less See more
#7 ·
Here you go! Sorry if quality is not the greatest, taken from my phone. Still pretty good though! Just click on the link below.

2001 Toyota Rav4 Dual Exhaust - YouTube
:lol: Evertime you hit the throttle, I said; oh yeah,Vrrrrooom, OH Yeah, Vrrrrooom, OH YEAH!, Vrrrrooom, OH YEAH MAN!! :eek: Sounds Great! My wife thought I was crazy. :lol:

One pointer, if I may. Install a K&N filter. See if you can get a shoot of cold exterior air straight into the throttle body. That engine will surprize you the amount of power its going to make. Trust me on this one Rav4;952482. :thumbs_up::cool:

#8 ·
I think that is only for 2.0ltr Euro engine Rav4's, I don't think it's sold in the USA?

Sent from my Nexus 7

#13 ·
$250.00 for the header, $70.00, pipes, $100.00 Magnaflow muffler, $70.00 Cherry Bomb muffler (I had to quiet it down a bit.) $40.00 Resonator, $110.00 Performance Catalytic Converter, 25.00 for the intake chrome horn at Pep Boys, $135.00 K&N Apollo Filter, $7.00 aluminum flexible pipe. (use for dryer exhaust) . About $807.00 more or less. Not counting shipping to PR, and installation. Make that an even K. Was it worth it? Hell yea!! Of course I have other stiff like a Apex Computer, AEM gauge with O2 wide sensor, MSD 6A, and ton of suspension parts installed which on the roads of PR work very well.

#14 ·
you get a gold star for that mod!

I was looking at my muffler last week and thought it looked like a 50 gal oil drum! But its still functional at 145k so its going to be a back burner mod for me. Yours sounds great and I'm glad to hear it doesn't sound like a 4 cyl fart can. great job!

#18 ·
Sorry for getting back so late, been busy with work and school.
The setup I had cost about $250, only cause I had a friend give me a good discount. Normal pricing would have ran the muffler about 100-110, each tip about 50, and the piping was around 60 or so, plus labor. Definitely couldn't pass it up!

#20 ·
I guess if the question was directed to me. you'll have to go to Magnaflow for part #. One advice, check the dimension of your Stock muffler. Then, go though the Magnaflow catalog and but one with the exact dimensions. Magnaflow has one which is the same size as the OEM muffler. Why? for one, space, unless you install it like I did, straight. It will be loud though. BUT!, performance will increase. Well, ...depending on intake. Specially in high gear. Strong third and fourth gear. Fuel economy? For the same type of driving; cruising will be good, racing around town will kill your wallet. But remember, we never (or at least I don't) are racing all the time. Just a touch of the gas pedal will do the trick. Floor it a lot, :wall and pay for gas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.