"new" 2012 rav4 sitting on the lot 8+ months, oil change? - Page 4 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 General Discuss anything RAV4.3 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#31 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 02:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
They did the oil change. Dealer told me he took it to maintenence and they changed it. The dipstick fluid was clear gold/yellow. I bought it and love it! 200 miles today in all kinds of conditions. Trying to take it easy during the break-in period. Man, that v6 is fun in this little cute-ute!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 02:21 AM

Congratulations! Did you end up with the 4wd? Is it a limited, sport, or base? Do you mind if I ask how much you ended up getting it for?

Sent from my Nexus 7

#33 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 02:25 AM

(Thread Starter)
Fwd V6 Sport Model.

I was shopping looking at 2014 vehicles, so kind of weird getting a 2012. But really wanted the v6 and glad I got it. Plus, I like the looks of the 2012, like the fact that the back opens sideways, like the tire in the back, and appreciate the extra storage underneath the flat floor.

The way it drives is effortless. I was going up steep hills like flat roads. Just a fun vehicle and incredibly versatile.
#34 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 02:39 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Congrats on your new RAV. Pictures please
How much did you end up paying, if you don't mind saying?

2008 Base Rav4, 4 Cylinder, 4WD
My upgrades Allen Spare tire Bike Rack
Currently listening to "Queensryche" with new singer Todd La Torretotally rocks "
#35 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 08:17 AM
DVS
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FozyRav4 View Post
Fwd V6 Sport Model.

I was shopping looking at 2014 vehicles, so kind of weird getting a 2012. But really wanted the v6 and glad I got it. Plus, I like the looks of the 2012, like the fact that the back opens sideways, like the tire in the back, and appreciate the extra storage underneath the flat floor.

The way it drives is effortless. I was going up steep hills like flat roads. Just a fun vehicle and incredibly versatile.
+1

Just last week these guys highlighted the 3rd-gen RAV4 (and previous gen Forester), mentioning how the new models of each both lost performance:

Throwback Thursday: 2011 Toyota RAV4 vs Subaru Forester Off-road ReviewThe Fast Lane Car: Auto News, Views, and Reviews

Did yours come with the Tow Prep package?

Silver 2012 RAV4 Limited V6 4WD with Tow Prep and OEM Hitch.

Long live the RAV4 V6!
#36 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 10:35 AM

(Thread Starter)
Yes, came with tow package, which really does make it the most versatile vehicle of its kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
+1

Just last week these guys highlighted the 3rd-gen RAV4 (and previous gen Forester), mentioning how the new models of each both lost performance:

Throwback Thursday: 2011 Toyota RAV4 vs Subaru Forester Off-road ReviewThe Fast Lane Car: Auto News, Views, and Reviews

Did yours come with the Tow Prep package?

#37 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 04:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Fwd V6 Sport Model.

I initially wanted front wheel drive as I have no need for 4WD, but couldn't find one, so have a 2010 V6 Base AWD and am as happy after 35K as you are!
#38 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 01:32 AM

(Thread Starter)
That's awesome ravenuer! Really, didn't know it would be this much fun! I'm glad it hasn't worn off after 35k. I don't think I've ever been concerned about a 'break-in' period before, but really want this thing to last many, many years.

Can't wait till I upgrade the head-unit to a GPS, get the speakers, and soundproof the doors. Right now there is a subtle buzzing from the right front door that goes away when I press on it, so I know it's an easy fix. My other 2 cars are Lexus so I'm spoiled. I'm happy to report that I have not noticed any undue road noise, and no excessive wind noise. I'm sensitive to both and neither one are an issue with this 2012 rav4 sport.
#39 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 07:49 AM
DVS
Advanced Member

Quote:
I don't think I've ever been concerned about a 'break-in' period before, but really want this thing to last many, many years.
Amen, brother. (errr...sister?).

Silver 2012 RAV4 Limited V6 4WD with Tow Prep and OEM Hitch.

Long live the RAV4 V6!
#40 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 10:13 AM

(Thread Starter)
So I've avoided full throttle acceleration, avoided constant cruising speed on the freeway, instead varied speeding and slowing down. Avoided sudden, harsh braking, though this is L.A. and it was inevitable sometimes to slam the brakes with some close calls. Avoiding excess idle, turning the car off on known long red lights. Avoiding excess speed, though I hit 80mph a few times driving it home fm the dealer without paying attention, and slowed down (fast and smooth).

Already that's more than I've done with any new car before it. I'll consider 500 miles broken in, and I'm a few days away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page