Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Run Flat

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  vermilye 
#1 ·
Did anyone ever change out run flat tires for regular tires? If so will they fit on my sport rims?

#4 ·
Yep I put on Toyo Open Country's about two months ago. Best decision ever, it's been snowing every week, and they work well! Yep no spare! AAA and a couple cans of Fix-a-flat plus 12V compressor. If you ever get a flat its a crap shoot anyway. With RFT's its only a small benefit and driving on them is questionable as too how far you will get?
Regards,

#7 ·
Hey JuneBug. That looks great.

It says you must have a 15-amp power supply for it. Are any/all of the (round) power sockets in the RAV4 rated for 15 amps?

Thanks.

#8 ·
Hey JuneBug. That looks great.

It says you must have a 15-amp power supply for it. Are any/all of the (round) power sockets in the RAV4 rated for 15 amps?

Thanks.
They are fused at 15 amps. I've used it many times and it pulls less than that. I've never blown a fuse.

#9 ·
+1 on a good compressor, I carry one and a set of cord plug repair tools + a pack of fresh plugs. if its not for my car, it can help a friend out of trouble, be it a road car, or industrial equipment (tubeless tires on lawnmowers take cord plugs just fine).

#11 ·
After recently doing a back-country trip in Quebec, I realized that my cell was useless and with no communication means I would be setting myself up when in some remote places. I purchased a wheel and tire of the same diameter. I used a 17" and bigger tire in place of the 18" with the same rolling circumference. This is only when my fix a flat is not an option.

#14 ·
I hated the run flats that came with my 2010 Sport. Expensive, harsh ride, lousy in snow, and fast wearing. On top of that, I doubt I could pull my 3000 trailer 100 miles on a flat.

Replaced them with Goodyear Assure Fuel Max tires, including a spare I carry (when traveling) on the roof.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.