Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

KNOMOLD is dead.. FOREVER LIVE RAV4 EV

4K views 24 replies 6 participants last post by  friendly_jacek 
#1 ·
Well, at least for 36 months unlimited miles.... it's time.. 150,600 miles, $22k in depreciation and 7 years later I'm trading her in tomorrow for a Rav 4 EV.. Blue... Man they're practically giving them away!!! Gotta love the CARB ZEV requirement...

#2 ·
It's a hefty price tag at $50K in change, right? Too rich for my wallet. LOL, but I'll bet you're glad that this EV is still in the design of the superior looking 4:3 Gen :thumbs_up:

Apparently it's only for sale in Caulifornia?

Let us know all about it in contrast to the gas RAV.

#4 ·
Ok, so 50k... Ya that's what it starts at.. So I'm leasing it.

Your capitalized depreciation (Leased amount) for my unlimited mileage lease is 31k... (meaning 19k to buy it at end of lease)...they give you a 17.5k Cash bonus, which I applied to the lease.. So that puts you at 13.5k to finance on the lease... I traded in my rav for 6k, so that puts it at 7.5k... Here's the kicker

It's eligible for the 2.5k California air resources board Rebate, which is a check in the mail... (Because leases over 36 months are eligible).. Then I also now live in the San Joaquin Valley, which makes me eligible for the San Joquin Valley Air Pollution Control Districts 3k rebate.. So my total NET COST for the 3 year lease is 2.5k... Without accounting for gas savings
Practically FREE!

Also they sold it for 48.3k So technically i guess that would make it a $800 car..

#7 ·
It's amazing how california gives away free money while financially broke.
I guess the same goes for USA giving foreign help while broke.

#12 ·
Yep, the hybrids and all-electric 'green' cars are freeloading on highway maintenance which is paid for with gasoline taxes.

Instead of the Feds threatening to raise the gas tax It's time to mandate a yearly, road maintenance, surcharge on these freeloaders. It's only fair.:thumbs_up:

Tom

Reactions: TrdLtly
#17 ·
We all know what the human nature is. Give them cheap gas and they will waste it in gas guzzlers.

If someone is not able to afford gas for their monster trucks, sorry, there are more fuel efficient cars.

#19 ·
I just bought a Prius 3 last week :D and I have to say that thing is awesome!

#20 ·
Yes, prius is my daily driver. I doubled MPG going from corolla to prius (in city commute).

This reminds me an old post of someone complaining about poor MPG in RAV4, how she was disappointed how new cars with modern technology have the same MPG as her older cars. I corrected her that RAV4 doesn't have that modern technology and that the new technology is now called "hybrid." That poster newer came back. Not sure if she traded her RAV4 for something else.

#21 ·
Btw, I'm getting 58.9 mpg on my current tank, all city driving in eco mode. On my last I got 550 miles, not to shabby hey? What are you getting in eco mode?

#22 ·
The eco is too slow for me. If I drive all city, I get about 55-56 MPG (measured at the pump, the indicator is too optimistic). But, as soon as I give it to my wife or daughter, they get only 40 MPG. My son gets good mileage though. He's a permit, so I drive with him all the time.
I just got new tires, probably will lose a couple of MPGs.

Reactions: Veliksam
#23 ·
So you're saying you get 55-56 mpg city in normal mode? If that's the case then maybe I should try it.
Anyways I've been lurking on prius chat but it's not as fruitful as r4w.

What do you keep your tire pressure at? On the door sticker it says it should be 35 psi front and 33 psi rear. Should I just follow that?

And sorry to the op, I won't hijack the thread anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.