Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

does 07 rav4 sport come with engine immobilizer?

7K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  JuneBug 
#1 ·
07 rav4 sport was recently purchase used with 65k miles. came with 1 key and 1 valet key. my master key does not have a "." dot stamp or G stamp. i opened the master key and the chip area does not have a chip in there. I was wondering if it was an option or standard part. I also noticed that the rav4 does not have the sensor for daylight/nightime so drl/headlights do not come on automatically.

#4 ·
It's simple. Check on your A/C panel for an LED marked SECURITY. It will flash occasionally when there is no key in the ignition. It goes out when a key with a recognized transponder chip is in the ignition. If you don't see that LED, then you don't have the immobilizer.

#6 ·
Your 2007 should have auto OFF headlights. After you remove the key and shut all the doors, the headlights should turn off after 30 seconds. Pressing the lock button on the key twice will shut them off immediately.

#7 ·
yes i noticed that there are auto off headlights. but that means if they're on all the time then the tail lights are on as well in the daytime. that part seems weird to me. i wonder if techstream can customize it to auto off once i open the driver door instead of the 30 second delay.

#8 ·
No, Techstream can't do that. I've been driving with my headlights on day and night for 6 years now. Anything that can increase my visibility to those idiot drivers out there is a good thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.