Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

2009 rav4 alarm issues

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  KSNancy 
#1 ·
Hoping someone can help
Have a 09 rav4 limited 2.5 w/ smart key
Factory alarm has been going off randomly,I did some searching here and found hood switch problem, removed my hood latch... but no switch.
Check fire walls & fenders don't see any pin switches.
Tried to pull fuse, but that kills the whole smart key system and car won't start.
Unfortunately the dealer service in my area is pretty" lack luster", in place of a better term.
Any ideas?

#4 ·
Hoping someone can help
Have a 09 rav4 limited 2.5 w/ smart key
Factory alarm has been going off randomly,I did some searching here and found hood switch problem, removed my hood latch... but no switch.
Check fire walls & fenders don't see any pin switches.
Tried to pull fuse, but that kills the whole smart key system and car won't start.
Unfortunately the dealer service in my area is pretty" lack luster", in place of a better term.
Any ideas?
I'm not familiar with a factory alarm system, but I doubt a factory system would have any "pin" switches. It would be integrated with the vehicle electronics. I'd say you would need a knowledgeable dealer service dept. or an independent shop with the necessary diagnostic equipment.
Perhaps some of our Forum experts will chime in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.