Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

I got a $180 new battery

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  KSNancy 
#1 ·
Soon as the terminals connected a mini electronic buzzing began from the motor area. 2 months later it's now totally dead, my sunroof won't close properly and there is a swimming pool on the passenger floor. Exide Edge works great on it's own, the thing went from 3 turns to start to roaring to life after one. Any diy ideas?

#2 ·
Are there any aftermarket accessories installed - supplemental antitheft/alarm system, remote start, etc? - dead battery likely caused by some sort of parasitic current drain, often because of an installed accessory. Swimming pool may be unrelated - could be a blocked A/C condensation drain tube, or leak from a defective windshield weather strip.

#3 ·
Swimming pool may be unrelated - could be a blocked A/C condensation drain tube, or leak from a defective windshield weather strip.
OR the sunroof that doesn't close properly.

#5 ·
You may also have something that is using power that is staying on and slowly draining the battery. Had this happened on a Neon where a very dim light under the dash was stuck in the on position. Had no idea why it stayed on after the car was shut off so I disconnected the bulb. Even at night I could not see this bulb lit up but I used a towel over my head to see if anything was glowing and found the problem.

#6 ·
Bad battery my butt, thing's been parasitized for 3 months and still works great. It's like the actual motor has a door buzzer alarm deep inside. Just disconnected red terminal and cussed. You should hear the water sloshing. It's like driving inside a half full 2 liter bottle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.