Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Post your Mods

36K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  Scout706 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone. After extensive searching, I have decided to post a thread where we discuss mods. My 2011 base is almost paid off and I'm looking for some inspiration here. Let's post some pictures of what kind of mods you have done. But let's go a step further, add some how-to, or words of advice from those of you who have done said mods. Maybe this won't just be inspiration for me, but for all of us! And....go!:smile

#2 ·
What a great idea! Since your 2011 is a 4.3 generation, you can benefit from mods made to 2006-2012 models. Some of my mods are visible installed accessories, like mud guards or the hood deflector. Others are harder to spot being under the hood or inside the RAV. Check the links in my signature:

#7 ·
Not too many 'mods' for the Rav4 I've discovered. I did add the mud flaps and hood deflector. That was nice. I did the BluLogic Bluetooth add on as well. I connected an amp to the factory navigation unit so I could put a couple bass shakers under the seats for a little more boom feel. :) That always surprises passengers. lol Let's see... I upgraded the headlights and foglights with HIDs (yeah, yeah... I know. Glare. But nobody has ever flashed me in 3 years, so I'm guessing it isn't a problem). I've got some halo rings I am going to install around the fog lights at some point when I have the time to crawl under there to wire everything up. I've got a remote controlled relay for them so they will come on with the corner lights and then I can shut them down if I want to. I'm not totally sure if I'm going to install them, but I've got them and the wiring plan is all mapped out.

My best mod is the remote starter which works off the factory remote. I got this thing programmed the very week that the manufacturer decided not to do it anymore, so that makes me happy. The unit I'm using just plugs right into the ECU and then one wire to connect under the dash. Nice and easy and I don't have to have multiple fobs on my keyring. Just click the lock door button three times and it starts right up. That has been really useful in the winter to warm the car up before I leave the office. I love it.

Other than that I can't think of much else I've done. I tinted the front side windows to match the rest of the tint. I think that helped a lot as far as appearance and heat inside the car. Oh, I did some badging to the back too. :) I'm a sucker for badges, so I rebadged it as a ZR6, which is how they are badged in Australia. I took the limited badging off the doors too since the ZR6 doesn't have those. I changed the Rav4 to the sport badge with the red 4 to match the red 6 on the ZR6 badge. And then I added my little creeper guy to the bottom peeking out under the rear door. Oh, and a towing hitch. That worked really well on a 2000 mile road trip pulling a tent trailer a couple summers ago. Very glad I have that there.

I dang near replaced the whole back door with the sport appearance door without the spare tire. I got rear ended last April and the body shop said they could do it with no problem. But then they found out it would be another $700, so I decided not to. We were about a month from moving into our new house and $700 buys a lot of blinds and other stuff we needed. Missed opportunity... They didn't make the sport appearance package in white, so it would have been a really unique looking Rav I think. Maybe next time I get rear ended... lol

#8 ·
Here we go...I have a 2010 SAP V6. Aftermarket wheels, Morimoto XB led fog lights, bug deflector, window visors, Husky floor liners, 2.5 inch projectors retrofitted into the stock housings with Morimoto 55w HID kit (the proper way to have HID lights lol) they are bi-xenon so I get both high and low beam with them, some blacked out chrome, modified front grille, aftermarket dvd stereo with a backup camera, led interior lights, remote starter using factory fob, Acura MDX shift knob,I also have my fog lights wired to be on as drls, splash guards, tinted front windows.

this is how my headlights look.

#16 ·
All this mods that I'm going to list, were made by myself:

- Changed sport steering wheel with real carbon fiber.
- Changed Shift knob for Lexus IS200.
- Pedals and footrest in real carbon fiber.
- Applied 3M carbon fiber vinyl in dash board.
- Covered handbrake lever with leather.
- Changed OEM radio for Android car multimedia.
- Installed Rear Camera
- Installed Parking sensors connected to Radio head unit showing distances.
- Installed Shark fin functional antenna (GPS, TDT and Radio antenna in one)
- Changed autodim mirror with homelink.
- implemented light in glove box.
- Implemented additional light in trunk.
- Changed center console back pannel for RSE type and USB charger installed.
- Installed two integrated USB charger, one of them with audio/data USB connected to radio head unit.
- One integrated switch to connect or disconnect the USB charger.
- Changed position warning button instead of 4x4 button.
- Removed trunk double compartment and covered with carpet.
- Installed xenon HID kit.
- Connected OBDII auto door lock module (thanks to this forum)
- Installed auto fold mirror module when the car is closed.
- Installed power windows module (it makes the rest of windows auto and close the opened windows when the car is closed)

Later, I'll edit this post to link to photos or sites with step by step instructions or products' website.

Pd.: sorry for the language mistakes... I hope you can understand me.

#18 ·
I add pictures...

General cockpit view

Handbrake lever in leather

USB Charge and switch connected and disconnected

Autodim mirror with HomeLink

Shark fin antenna

Rear view with distance, thanks to the parking sensors

Back panel RSE Type with USB Charger

Glove Box and trunk with light

How to:
TOYOTA RAV4 - Luz en la guantera - BricoRav
TOYOTA RAV4 - Luz en el maletero - BricoRav

Trunk double compartment

How to: http://rav4.mforos.com/1203036/9888752-ampliar-maletero-doble-fondo/

Autofold mirror modul

Power Window closer (it makes 4 windows all auto)

Car speed lock

All moduls from Alixpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/Toyota-window-closer/124521_255591871.html

#21 · (Edited)
  • Headlights -low beam retrofitted with NHK G5-R bi-xenon projectors with 5500K D2S bulbs. High beam is DDM Tuning Saber ProX 55W 6000k led.
  • Fog lights - Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro 3000k led fogs. Modded to work independent of the low beams.
  • Auxiliary fog light - DD SS6 2000k led auxiliary fogs with switch in cabin.
  • Auxiliary driving light - DD SSC2 Pro 4000k with switch in cabin.
  • Rear reflector - Led rear reflector with switch in cabin.

• Desert Does It front driver seat jacker.
  • Wellvisors windows visors
  • LLumar CTX ceramic tint all around.
  • Auto dimming rear mirror with Homelink.
  • Viofo A129 dashcam.
  • RS3200 VIP factory alarm with glass break sensor.
  • Viper shock sensor and tilt motion sensor.
  • Toyota Solara steering wheel with functional radio control buttons.

• Ultra racing front strut tower
  • Ultra Racing rear sway bar
  • Northwood Performance 1.5'' spring lift kit.
  • Hayden transmission cooler behind the grille.
  • Mishimoto baffle oil catch can.
  • Sokietech dual hood strut lifters.
  • Curt 2'' hitch mount.

#28 ·
  • NX300 rear shocks
  • NX300 24mm rear sway bar
  • Maruko SM70 snail horns
  • 3rd row springs
  • Limited leather steering wheel
  • 18” straight through muffler with chrome tip
  • Viofo A119 (hardwired) dashcam

Wishlist:

• Bilstein B6 struts & shocks!
  • Lowering springs or NX springs
  • Supercharger 😉

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.