Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

dashboard flickering

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Snowdog85 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
All,

My 2007 Rav4 kind out of temper today, this morning when I just start driving from my parking spot the car seemed to suddenly shutdown and restart right away by itself, after restart; the clock got reset. I am able to drive again but I notice the dashboard backlight start flickering.

8 hours later, I'm able to start the car immediately; and I turned off the engine and tried to restart the car again and then I am not able to start the engine right away. After a few attempts, finally the engine started again.

The battery was replaced about half a year ago and I tested the battery with a battery analyzer today and everything was okay. While I was driving; I could feel the car was not really running smoothly, especially during idle.

Anyone had any similar experience?

#3 ·
Yep, at both ends of each.

#4 ·
also could check if the battery connections where OK you may have loosened ground wire. the one that goes from battery to the ground... or it may be corroded.
the ground wire is pretty much in between airbox and battery, under the battery holder. and also the ground wire that goes to the gearbox, i have found that IT has been often corroded (cone white) it is also under the battery holder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.