costco RAV4 prices - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 General Discuss anything RAV4.3 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 11:11 PM
hoysala

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
costco RAV4 prices

When I went to get Costco price for 2006 RAV4, the dealer included all the fees possible looks like.. For example, the dealer is charging me $300 for TDA (Advertizing), $200 Wholesale Financial Reserve, $450 for Factory holdback. Of course there is destination charge of $605. and then he adds $500 over this and says that the "Price is JUST $500 over Invoice price".

IS that how costco prices work? Any suggestions? I am in So Cal area, let me know if you came across any good dealer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 12:56 AM
Rav4Eric

Costco

My Costco quote is for $700 over invoice. The invoice exactly matches the prices I got online by starting at the Costco website.
I think you should contact Costco. They will use their awsome power to put that dealer in line.

Rav4Eric

#3 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 01:14 AM
ravgal2006

On your dealer quote, what did the car price start off at? When you add all the charges they listed, does that add up to $500 over the invoice price listed at Edmunds.com or kbb.com?

We used the Costco deal to buy a car a few years ago and the dealer told us 2% over Invoice. That's exactly what we paid, no haggling or additional fees except of course the destination charge and document fees.

My co-worker also used the Costco deal to buy a Toyota a few years back and it was also a percentage over invoice. Sometimes, instead of a percentage, they may say $500 over invoice or something like that.

#4 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Do you have to be a member of Costco?

Time 2 fish: when it's rainin' & when it ain't
#5 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Advanced Member

Yes you do. You will make back the $50 in about 30secs in one trip there so don't worry about it. Plus you're saving on your new car so there you go ..... membership paid for!

Later. M.

I am a highly trained Tire ninja.
#6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 02:01 PM
CornMonkey

Re: costco RAV4 prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoysala
When I went to get Costco price for 2006 RAV4, the dealer included all the fees possible looks like.. For example, the dealer is charging me $300 for TDA (Advertizing), $200 Wholesale Financial Reserve, $450 for Factory holdback. Of course there is destination charge of $605. and then he adds $500 over this and says that the "Price is JUST $500 over Invoice price".

IS that how costco prices work? Any suggestions? I am in So Cal area, let me know if you came across any good dealer.
i'm considering going to costco too for my rav4 purchase. which dealer did you go to?

#7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 09:35 PM
sstarrx3

I see none of these fees on my sticker except for the $605 destination fee. How can some dealers add these fees and some don't. I have never heard of some of these fees

#8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 02:54 AM
Advanced Member

Re: costco RAV4 prices

Quote:

Advertising fee? you've got to be kidding. They're charging you to bring yourself over there? That's absurd. Go back there and kick some ass.
#9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 03:06 PM
hoysala

Rav4gal,

I just needed a base model and so the base price started at 18,778 + price of whatever package it had + All the fees + $500. And they say costco invoice price includes all these fees.

As Rav4eric says, if there is an option to build this on costco website, I will try and let youall know. But, I dont think there is an autp price builder on costco website. Becasue costco auto program told me that I should be requesting Both Factory invoice price and Costco only price from the dealer. And costco doesn't say what is the invoice price. I understand that the final price of the car is just a negotiated price that the dealer has agreed to sell for costco members. The dealer says that (base price + all the fees) is the invoice price that costco has agreed to.

CornMonkey, I have tried El cajon toyota, now I will try a different one. Let me know if you found something better ..

Hoysala

#10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 04:37 PM
KingKyu

Quote:
...I have tried El cajon toyota, now I will try a different one. Let me know if you found something better ..Hoysala
Hoysala, I too have visited numerous Toyota dealers (Poway, El Cajon, Kearny Mesa, Carlsbad, Temecula, Mossy etc). I'm currently in negotiations with Escondido. Thank you to Putput for recommending them. I'm a AAA & Costco member and is also being charged Invoice+fees+$500.

I had to place an order for a V6 Sport because they didn't have one in the color I wanted. It only took 2 weeks (usual is 6-8weeks). I'm going to pick it up on Tuesday. Actualy the price I was given was already pretty good based on postings here that some will only sell at MSRP for the V6s. Poway told me the same thing. But I will try to see if I can take off all the fees they tacked on and just be truly Invoice+$500. Even though I had to special order it, the dealer may budge because I will be bringing in two friends who wants to buy two used Toyotas ASAP. If he gives me a better deal, I will let you know so you can go there and use my name to get the same or an even better deal.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page