Reprogramming of keyless entry remote - Page 2 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 General Discuss anything RAV4.3 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#11 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 04:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
thats horrible. Did you go back to the salesmen who sold you the truck?

========
Defender of the 4 banger!!!!

http://mustangattitude.com/cgi-bin/s.../2007_00010_01 <= website!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 04:43 PM

A lot of vehicles have an "adjustment warranty" for the first 12 months, and changes like that generally fall under there. On my previous VW you got one "free" change of settings like how the locks worked, then had to pay after that. Seems kind of stingy of Toyota to not offer something similar.
#13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 09:02 PM
cusack

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Yes I did. He went to his boss and came back and their response was "we gave you such a good deal on your Rav that we can't afford to spend the money on a technician's 1/2 hour on it to do that for you". I thought it sucked to however I did feel like I got a good deal on my Rav. I paid $20,804 for the base model with roof rack, touneau cover, cd changer and carpet mats. They showed me the invoice where they ordered this thing in from Toyota and they paid $20,620 so I only paid $184 over invoice so I can't complain to much.

#14 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 09:12 PM
Advanced Member

I don't care how much $$ they made off of you. They are sopossed to service you.. I would contact the Toyota zone office about this.

========

#15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 11:50 PM
cusack

Your absolutely right, the more I think about it it's not fair. That should be something that can easily be changed and would take them probably less than 10 minutes to do once they hooked up the computer to it. I just emailed Toyota about it. I will wait and see how long before they contact me back and will let everyone know what they say. Thanks for the advice.

#16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 06:28 AM
Advanced Member

I'll be willing to bet the whole job is absolutly 10 minutes or less. Just like you said..

========

#17 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 09:02 AM

Lexus offers free customize setting during the first 5000 miles, I guess Toyota doesn't do that. It is a 10 minute job, but it takes the technician 5 minutes to hook up the computer and another 5 minutes to disconnect. Total to 20 minutes at about $90 an hour, so $30 sounds about right.
#18 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 05:20 PM
cusack

Well I have come to the conclusion that my dealer is not very customer orientated and I will definately remember this in the future. I contacted Toyota customer service today and they said that "most" dealers do not charge to have this changed and that I should contact the customer relations manager at my dealership. I did so and he gave me some crap about how they would have to pay their ASA certified technician 1/2 labor for them to do this and yadda yadda yadda. Their final comment was "well we will give you a discount on your first oil change". That does me no good because I do my own oil changes and secondly he never even said what the discount would be. What a bunch of losers. I could understand if I was asking for something that would take an enormous amount of time to do but I can bet you anything that this could be changed in 15 minutes or less. I will remember this when it comes to making my next vehicle purchase and will buy from another dealer because they don't seem willing to help their customers for something as simple as this.

#19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 06:45 PM

Trust me, Toyota dealers are no better or no worst than any other manufacturer's dealer at this price range.
#20 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 07:06 PM
Advanced Member

you have to play hardball with car dealers. Tell them exactly what you said here. My NEXT car will NOT be from your dealer.. And ALL my service will be taken elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusack
Well I have come to the conclusion that my dealer is not very customer orientated and I will definately remember this in the future. I contacted Toyota customer service today and they said that "most" dealers do not charge to have this changed and that I should contact the customer relations manager at my dealership. I did so and he gave me some crap about how they would have to pay their ASA certified technician 1/2 labor for them to do this and yadda yadda yadda. Their final comment was "well we will give you a discount on your first oil change". That does me no good because I do my own oil changes and secondly he never even said what the discount would be. What a bunch of losers. I could understand if I was asking for something that would take an enormous amount of time to do but I can bet you anything that this could be changed in 15 minutes or less. I will remember this when it comes to making my next vehicle purchase and will buy from another dealer because they don't seem willing to help their customers for something as simple as this.

========

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page