rear door noise - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 General Discuss anything RAV4.3 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 04:56 PM
rav406

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
rear door noise

hi there everyone im new here, i love my rav4 limited I4, really amazing suv, in the last couple of weeks the rear door noise is getting my wife crazy, it sounds that is not tight enough, the dealer put some kind of tape and it works for a few hours and then the same problem. Doesn anybody has the same problem?.

Also there is a noise under the rav, most of the time when crossed wind is on the highway.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: rear door noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav406
hi there everyone im new here, i love my rav4 limited I4, really amazing suv, in the last couple of weeks the rear door noise is getting my wife crazy, it sounds that is not tight enough, the dealer put some kind of tape and it works for a few hours and then the same problem. Doesn anybody has the same problem?.

Also there is a noise under the rav, most of the time when crossed wind is on the highway.
No rattles in our V-6 AWD LTD since the moonroof was snugged down a few months ago. We have 8K+ miles over some pretty rough roads w/o any noise complaints of late.

However, the actual source of noises (rattles) can be misleading. It helps to have someone take a position in the back of the vehicle to listen - being careful not to eliminate noises from loose seats or seat-belt buckles, etc.

Also, secure tools and such that may have loosened over time. Another rattle / noise source is the cross-bars of the roof rack.

Last, check to see that the spare and cover are snug as noises can be transmitted thru the car even if it originates from outside.
#3 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 09:03 PM

There are two black rubber "stops" inside on the handle side of the door. They look like a miniature hockey puck. I lost (the top) one when my RAV was barely a month old.

Without it, my door rattles a bit when I close it, but I haven't noticed any noises while driving.

You may want to check to see if you've lost one of these rubber stops.
#4 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 10:34 PM

I had a rattle in my rear door and I took it in. Had a tech ride with me because it was hard to tell where the noise was coming from, it kind of reverberates through the car. Turned out the wiper assembly in the rear door was rattling and they fixed it
#5 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 11:46 AM
rav406

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
thanks people.!! i will tell the dealer this info, cause also they need to replace something from the steering wheel that makes noise.

#6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 05:50 PM

I'm curious, what kind of steering wheel noise?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page