New Bluetooth option from Toyota for the 4.3 RAV4... - Page 2 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 General Discuss anything RAV4.3 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 08:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Someone installed one in his/her FJ. Seems to like it.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...blu-logic.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 11:12 PM
Your Humble Administrator

Thanked 1,114 Times in 806 Posts
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CROW
That's it. Sounds like a winner for 200 bucks. I'm getting the seller to email the installation instructions so I can see what's involved.

James

2008 Limited V6 2WD "The Silver Bullet"

#13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2009, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug1701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gflash
Got this in my RAV4. Similar to Blue Logic but called Blue Connect. Its installed in the sunglasses holder above the maplights.

http://autointelligence.com/ai/blueconnect.asp
That looks like a nice system. I'm wondering though, when you push the buttons, does the sunglasses holder pop open? They also show it mounted in the headliner just behind the visor--I think I would prefer that location.

The thing I like about the Blue Logic system is that it's totally integrated into the existing Toyota radio. The radio is automatically muted when a call comes in. It uses a factory style switch that mounts in one of the blank spots either next to the dimmer or down by the 12V accessory socket. I don't know where the microphone mounts. It uses the front door speakers for the phone, and can even play music from the phone using the Bluetooth connection. The only problem is I can't find a price anywhere.
You give up your sunglasses holder for BlueConnect. So it basically takes up the space . That may be a problem for some but with all of the other storage comapartments in the RAV4, I just keep my sunglasses in its case and put it in my center armrest compartment or in one of the center cupholders. The microphone and speaker are contained in the unit (left side microphone, right side speaker).

I think the installation point varies on each vehicle make/model. On some makes and models you give up the sunglasses holder on some you can mount behind it.
#14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 10:21 AM

This looks really slick and thanks for posting! I'm currently using a Motorola T505 visor mount bluetooth unit but I would love to have something that is integrated. The Motorola works fantastic but every once in a while I forget to shut it off and when I'm in my office the phone is still connected to the bluetooth in the car! Dohhh!

Does anyone know if this new Toyota unit is full or half duplex for voice calls? Cheers!

James
#15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 01:03 PM
Your Humble Administrator

Thanked 1,114 Times in 806 Posts
Garage
(Thread Starter)
OK, I obtained a copy of the installation instructions for the Toyota Blu-Logic system. These instructions are specific to the RAV4. It looks like a pretty easy install--if you have ever installed a car stereo and speakers, this should be a piece of cake:

http://www.rav4world.com/pdf/BlueLogic.pdf

James

2008 Limited V6 2WD "The Silver Bullet"

Last edited by JuneBug; 11-04-2011 at 11:20 PM.
#16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug1701
OK, I obtained a copy of the installation instructions for the Toyota Blu-Logic system. These instructions are specific to the RAV4. It looks like a pretty easy install--if you have ever installed a car stereo and speakers, this should be a piece of cake:

http://www.rav4world.com/pdf/BlueLogic.pdf
James-
Please keep us updated if you go forward with this. I'd like to hear your opinion of the installation and how it works.
Thanks.

Last edited by JuneBug; 11-04-2011 at 11:21 PM.
#17 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpav
I've set it up for two different phones in our new RAV Limited. Only feature missing is the ability to soak in your existing phone's phonebook like my Garmin Novi does. However, at least the phonebook entries are available for both phones. That could be good or bad depending if you want your sig. other to see your phone entries (ha)

Was it difficult to set it up for 2 phones? Can you have both phones in the car while driving with no conflict?

I would love to set up mine, and my wifes phones when I get the car and myself to Greece.

Salesmen told me one phone was the limit
#18 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 10:49 PM

The Blu Logic instruction manual is located here if anyone is interested:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...=292208&page=4
#19 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joudbren
This looks really slick and thanks for posting! I'm currently using a Motorola T505 visor mount bluetooth unit but I would love to have something that is integrated. The Motorola works fantastic but every once in a while I forget to shut it off and when I'm in my office the phone is still connected to the bluetooth in the car! Dohhh!

Does anyone know if this new Toyota unit is full or half duplex for voice calls? Cheers!

James
It's full duplex according to the manual. (See link above.)
#20 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 09:04 AM
jimpav

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopi...=207916#207916

You can set up many phones, but can use only one at a time. Also, you cannot change the settings while moving (safety). At least once you set up a phonebook, it can be shared by multiple phones.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page