New Bluetooth option from Toyota for the 4.3 RAV4... - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 General Discuss anything RAV4.3 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Your Humble Administrator

Thanked 1,002 Times in 725 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
New Bluetooth option from Toyota for the 4.3 RAV4...

http://behindthewheelnews.toyota.com

Genuine Toyota BLU Logic®
Hands-free System

Toyota's BLU Logic® Hands-free System lets you enjoy the ultimate convenience of hands-free cell phone use -- and comply with state laws restricting the use of cell phones while driving. BLU Logic utilizes Bluetooth® technology that integrates with the factory audio system to create a wireless communication link between your vehicle and cellular phone. Users can answer incoming calls, hear the caller through the vehicle's audio system and communicate through the fixed microphone provided. Intuitive and simple to operate, the system integrates directly into your vehicle's dashboard and uses a three-button switch that contains an off-hook/on-hook button and a pair of volume-up/volume-down buttons.

The BLU Logic one-touch system brings hands-free calling to many new and late-model Toyota vehicles without the use of an earbud or other separate pieces. Compatible with most Bluetooth-capable cellular phones, BLU Logic can be programmed to recognize and pair with up to seven different cellular phones for use individually, accommodating various users. Best of all, the Genuine Toyota BLU Logic Hands-free System is backed by Toyota's three-year/36,000-mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty,1 valid at any Toyota dealership nationwide, so you can feel confident that you're getting a quality accessory that meets Toyota's strict standards.

BLU Logic capabilities, when it is paired with a Bluetooth-compatible phone, include:

* Ability to recognize and pair with up to seven different cell phones for use individually (system can detect a wireless signal from the handset up to 30 feet away depending on which phone is being used and the phone's battery level)

* Hands-free cellular phone operation with a built-in microphone and a single button for call, answer and disconnect functions, as well as volume-adjustment buttons

* Automatic audio routing through the vehicle's driver and passenger front speakers, delivering clear, quality sound

* Automatic mute of your vehicle's audio system when receiving or making a call

* Voice dialing for cellular phones that are voice-dialing enabled

* Last-number redial

Additionally, if the paired phone offers Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) compatibility, you can listen to music stored on your phone through the vehicle's front speakers, controlled by the music-streaming program on your phone. Now that's convenient!

To activate or pair the BLU Logic system in your vehicle, you should refer to your phone's owner's manual and follow the specific directions listed for pairing a phone to a hands-free device. Since BLU Logic can pair with up to seven different phones for use individually, the system will determine which paired phone should be activated by searching for the signal of the most recently used phone. If the phone is not in the vehicle or turned on, BLU Logic will not activate. In these instances, to activate the system, a new phone can be paired or an already-paired phone can be connected by selecting BLU Logic from the cell phone's list of paired devices and choosing the option to CONNECT from the phone's menu.

The following Toyota vehicles are compatible with BLU Logic:

* 2008-2009 4Runner
* 2008-2009 Avalon
* 2008–2010 Camry
* 2009–2010 Corolla
* 2008-2009 FJ Cruiser
* 2008–2009 Highlander
* 2009–2010 Matrix
* 2008–2009 RAV4
* 2008–2009 Sequoia
* 2008-2009 Tacoma
* 2008–2009 Tundra
* 2009 VENZA
* 2008–2009 Yaris

BLU Logic conflicts with all JBL® audio systems and some navigation systems. Furthermore, the vehicle must have at least one switch blank or a "knock-out" plate that can be used for installation of the BLU Logic switch. For more vehicle-compatibility information, visit your local Toyota dealer.

To learn more about Toyota's BLU Logic® Hands-free System, and to see a current list of compatible Bluetooth-enabled phones and a list of frequently asked questions, click the "More information" link below.

Other Bluetooth-enabled phones not listed on the site may also be compatible; however, you should try those phones at your dealership to be sure they function properly.

1Warranty from original date of first use when sold as new. See dealer for warranty details.

More information: http://www.blulogicupdate.com

James

2008 Limited V6 2WD "The Silver Bullet"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 11:48 PM

Got this in my RAV4. Similar to Blue Logic but called Blue Connect. Its installed in the sunglasses holder above the maplights.

http://autointelligence.com/ai/blueconnect.asp
#3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 08:35 AM
Advanced Member

Re: New Bluetooth option from Toyota for the 4.3 RAV4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug1701
http://behindthewheelnews.toyota.com
BLU Logic conflicts with all JBL® audio systems and some navigation systems. ]
Conflict? That can be a deal killer for many. But it is nice to see that Toyota at least offers this product.

08 RAV4 Limited AWD V6
05 RAV4 S FWD 5spd -traded for 08
99 RX300
2012 Corvette ZR1
90 454 SS truck 425rwtq
#4 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 08:53 AM

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gflash
Got this in my RAV4. Similar to Blue Logic but called Blue Connect. Its installed in the sunglasses holder above the maplights.

http://autointelligence.com/ai/blueconnect.asp
That looks like a nice system. I'm wondering though, when you push the buttons, does the sunglasses holder pop open? They also show it mounted in the headliner just behind the visor--I think I would prefer that location.

The thing I like about the Blue Logic system is that it's totally integrated into the existing Toyota radio. The radio is automatically muted when a call comes in. It uses a factory style switch that mounts in one of the blank spots either next to the dimmer or down by the 12V accessory socket. I don't know where the microphone mounts. It uses the front door speakers for the phone, and can even play music from the phone using the Bluetooth connection. The only problem is I can't find a price anywhere.

James

#5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 12:53 PM
jimpav

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
I've set it up for two different phones in our new RAV Limited. Only feature missing is the ability to soak in your existing phone's phonebook like my Garmin Novi does. However, at least the phonebook entries are available for both phones. That could be good or bad depending if you want your sig. other to see your phone entries (ha)

#6 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 03:11 PM

The main differentiating feature is A2DP.

JP
#7 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 05:21 PM

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpav
I've set it up for two different phones in our new RAV Limited. Only feature missing is the ability to soak in your existing phone's phonebook like my Garmin Novi does. However, at least the phonebook entries are available for both phones. That could be good or bad depending if you want your sig. other to see your phone entries (ha)
Do you have the BluLogic system? How much does it cost?

James

#8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 05:43 PM

I'm not sure if this is the same thing but here is a link:

http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...&parts_id=1365

$278 for part number 00016-32103-04...
#9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 07:56 PM

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CROW
I'm not sure if this is the same thing but here is a link:

http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...&parts_id=1365

$278 for part number 00016-32103-04...
Nope, that's the BlueConnect that Gflash has.

James

#10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 08:24 PM

The Following User Says Thank You to CROW For This Useful Post:
revved4 (02-06-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page