HUGE Thank you to RAV4World and all Forum members- Jerry's Extended Warranty - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 General Discuss anything RAV4.3 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
HUGE Thank you to RAV4World and all Forum members- Jerry's Extended Warranty

Everything written on this forum concerning the Toyota Extended Warranty packages sold by MidwestSuperStore Toyota through Mr. Jerry Johnson is 100% accurate.

I just bought the 7 year 100,000 mile Platinum Extended Warranty ($0 Deductible) for $814.00....out the door!

I saved exactly $1,159.00 from what my local Toyota dealer encouraged me to purchase when I bought this wonderful RAV4. I hesitated when I read their quote for the extended warranty but could have easily added it to the financing for the RAV4. Boy am I glad I declined.

Dealing with Jerry Johnson was a very straightforward experience just as reported by others on this Forum. No problems, all questions answered directly and professionally and no hint of selling pressure. Too bad they are located 1,000 miles from my house.....although I will not hesitate to use my local Sunnyside Toyota dealership for any and all service work. They have already done a great job for me installing body side molding and fixing a flat tire.

Jerry could not answer my question about possible price increases from Toyota for these warranties as he is not advised of increases until it is too late to warn people. But we do know that parts and labor prices for car maintenance increase almost every year so I would not hesitate to take advantage of their current prices as soon as possible.

Boy am I happy...can ya tell? When retired old people get a good deal we shout it from the tree tops...

Thank you RAV4World and all Forum members.

Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 05:19 PM

I just got mine from him about a week ago, 6 yr 100k for $689, $600 less than my dealer.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Don't miss out on this great deal. We old people like the peace of mind this warranty provides:

Jerry Johnson

Midwest Toyota

Midwest Superstore

1100 east 30th

Hutchinson, Ks 67502

Phone 800-530-5789

Cell 620-664-8844

Email jerryj@midwestsuperstore.com

Of course this means I will never have a $serious$ problem with Great White

Tom

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 06:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbitnow
Don't miss out on this great deal. We old people like the peace of mind this warranty provides
Of course this means I will never have a $serious$ problem with Great White

Tom
Hey, I am glad that several members on the board are elated with the deals they are getting on these extended warranties. But this old guy is happy going 'bare'. I don't lose sleep worrying about my RAV. I'll keep my money and not buy these insurance products. I don't buy any similar insurance when I buy a refigerator or TV either. If I had purchased such warranties on my 05 RAV or wifey's 99 Lexus RX300, I would have lost my money. Those SUVs have been exceptionally reliable. Toyota still makes a pretty reliable vehicle. Even though they have discounted their rip off retail price, I have to believe like any national level insurance product they have priced it accordingly given their claims experience. In other words, I don't think they are losing any money and more than likely they are making money selling such insurance.

Anyway, I am glad these things give you peace of mind and that better deals can be had from sharing particluar vendors that offer great deals.

08 RAV4 Limited AWD V6
05 RAV4 S FWD 5spd -traded for 08
99 RX300
2012 Corvette ZR1
90 454 SS truck 425rwtq
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-22-2010, 02:20 AM
Your Humble Administrator

Thanked 1,937 Times in 1,390 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I love my RAV4 but it is very complex (like most vehicles today). Seems like every system is controlled by sensors and ECU's. Even the power steering and brakes! I'm going to be getting the 8 yr. 75,000 mi. warranty for $659 because what used to be a simple, cheap repair back in the day is no longer the case.

Have you read about the water pump failures? Most have been covered by powertrain warranty, but still:
http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=253965

Here are some other "simple" repairs:

Mr.ravrunner got his alternator changed at the dealer--cost was $679.00.
http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopi...=261933#261933

He also got his A/C compressor replaced at a little over $2000.
http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopi...=286370#286370

RAV4007 had to replace his transmission. Toyota wanted $4680 to replace. Luckily he had the skills to replace
it himself for a little under $3000.
http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopi...=285862#285862

Forum member janfin2 had an ignition coil go out. Dealer charged $248 to replace. After 3 months, another coil
goes bad--a few months later the O2 sensors had to be replaced to the tune of $715.
http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopi...=285789#285789

Maybe everyone else has a wallet full of credit cards to fall back on, but I cut mine up years ago, so repairs like these would be very hard on the family budget. I'd rather plunk down the $659 now and breathe easy until 2015.

Help RAV4World members help you by providing your car's operating location in your profile page. Climate can cause a RAV4 in Dallas Wisconsin to experience a different set of issues when compared to the same model in Dallas Texas.

2008 Limited V6 2WD "The Silver Bullet"

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-22-2010, 07:36 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Seems like every system is controlled by sensors and ECU's. Even the power steering and brakes! I'm going to be getting the 8 yr. 75,000 mi. warranty for $659 because what used to be a simple, cheap repair back in the day is no longer the case.
+1
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-22-2010, 12:56 PM

Climb, it seems we are from about the same area in Ohio. Do you know, if you ever need work done under the warranty, are you required to go to Jerry then, or can you stick closer to home?

--aapitten--
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 01:16 PM

It is a Toyota extended warranty good at any Toyota dealer.

Black 2010 RAV4 Sport 4WD w SAP, OEM tube steps, mud guards, hood deflector
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 05:37 PM

It is the Toyota Platinum Warranty that is sold by all Toyota dealers. You can use it at any Toyota dealer. If you check the Toyota site it shows what is covered under the warranty. It also states a "suggested retail price", which is why the variation on what a Toyota dealer may charge for it.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Can be used anywhere in the USA and Canada.....good for when I take my dream trip....from Ohio to Alaska and back by RAV4 v6!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page