Warranty Coverage - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 General Discuss anything RAV4.3 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Warranty Coverage

I picked up a Rav4 last month.

V6, Limited. Great vehicle.

I did not, at the time buy increased warranty coverage. They told me at the dealership that if buy increased warranty within 30 days that all of the regular mtce for the warranty period will be covered by the dealership/Toyota.

I did this with my Audi and it was great so am thinking of doing this for the Rav.

What is the sweet spot for warranty on this vehicle? 48/100,000? 48/120,000 or something different?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 12:05 PM

Thumbs up

Check out the thread that was started some time back in this general section,below your thread here. It is entitledExtended Warranty Price Update. I am sure you will be giving Jerry a call and you will get an idea of what myself and everyone else has gotten and been through with this issue. Congrats on a very dependable vehicle.
James D.

2009 Base Rav 4 Super White 4x4, 2.5 engine,17 " aluminum alloy wheels, Good Year Integrity all season tires, rain quards, bug-shield,Curt class III hitch, Toyota mudflaps and Adventura Perrycraft top rack.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyisahunting View Post
Check out the thread that was started some time back in this general section,below your thread here. It is entitledExtended Warranty Price Update. I am sure you will be giving Jerry a call and you will get an idea of what myself and everyone else has gotten and been through with this issue. Congrats on a very dependable vehicle.
James D.
Thanks.

Pretty sure I will not calling Jerry as I am in Canada, but thank you.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Myra- View Post
Thanks.

Congrats on your new RAV! The warranties Jerry sells cover both US and Canada
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 01:00 PM

I also purchase a Rav4 V6 Limited with navi, not the best choice to get the navi over the JBL, but the only car that was left before the 0% financin and 1k cash back incentive was over. But I know for sure that you are cover for 24k and 2 year warranty from Toyota. You must purchase the extended warranty before the 24k or 2 year or which ever comes first expires if you want to get one. From my opinion, since you did not get the extended warranty durin the purchase, and the cost of the extended warranty can not be added to your current car loan, there's no point of getting it now. If you want it, just make sure you get before the Toyota stock warranty expires. The cost of extended warranty is going to be a one time charge anyway. I was tricked by my dealer in purchasing the extended warranty for 80k/ 10 years and two 5 year warranty of Tire & wheel hazzard and key replacement warranty. Since you got the limited edition, I assume you got two key fob that only has the door key and no ignition keys... On my side, I felt the key replacement warranty was needed. But the cost came out to be like 2,200.00. Later learn of Jerry from midwest and Troy Dietch from Greenfield, I went to renegiote with my dealer and made them add in a GPS tracking device that runs to about 700 and up into the deal for free.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonCake View Post
I also purchase a Rav4 V6 Limited with navi, not the best choice to get the navi over the JBL, but the only car that was left before the 0% financin and 1k cash back incentive was over. But I know for sure that you are cover for 24k and 2 year warranty from Toyota. You must purchase the extended warranty before the 24k or 2 year or which ever comes first expires if you want to get one. From my opinion, since you did not get the extended warranty durin the purchase, and the cost of the extended warranty can not be added to your current car loan, there's no point of getting it now. If you want it, just make sure you get before the Toyota stock warranty expires. The cost of extended warranty is going to be a one time charge anyway. I was tricked by my dealer in purchasing the extended warranty for 80k/ 10 years and two 5 year warranty of Tire & wheel hazzard and key replacement warranty. Since you got the limited edition, I assume you got two key fob that only has the door key and no ignition keys... On my side, I felt the key replacement warranty was needed. But the cost came out to be like 2,200.00. Later learn of Jerry from midwest and Troy Dietch from Greenfield, I went to renegiote with my dealer and made them add in a GPS tracking device that runs to about 700 and up into the deal for free.

In Canada there is 30 days window that you can get Extended Warranty. Jerry can help cnadians in the case he can find VIN number in US database. In her case that is not going to happen.

2010 RAV4 SPORT V6
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Myra- View Post
Thanks.

This is part of an e-mail I got from Jerry today and the warranty is honored in Canada. Just FYI

This warranty is 100 Percent Toyota Factory warranty from Toyota and honored by all Toyota Dealer service centers California, Florida and all the USA and Canada I do NOT offer any 3rd party or aftermarket at all
There is no Tax or Fees for out of the state of Kansas
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubs66 View Post
This is part of an e-mail I got from Jerry today and the warranty is honored in Canada. Just FYI

This warranty is 100 Percent Toyota Factory warranty from Toyota and honored by all Toyota Dealer service centers California, Florida and all the USA and Canada I do NOT offer any 3rd party or aftermarket at all
There is no Tax or Fees for out of the state of Kansas

I talked to him six months ago. He couuld't find my VIN number in USA Toyota and he couldn't do it.

2010 RAV4 SPORT V6
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
I talked to him six months ago. He couuld't find my VIN number in USA Toyota and he couldn't do it.
Strange they would offer the warranty in Canada if they can't find the vin numbers for Canadian Rav4 owners on the computers. I would think that vins would be centralized. I've heard other Canadian owners getting the warranty thru Jerry on the warranty price update thread. I'm in the US so i'll be o.k. but that would be upsetting not being able to get a factory TOYOTA warranty because a TOYOTA dealer can't find your vin. Did you have to get your warranty from a Canadian dealer? at 3 times the price?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubs66 View Post
Strange they would offer the warranty in Canada if they can't find the vin numbers for Canadian Rav4 owners on the computers. I would think that vins would be centralized. I've heard other Canadian owners getting the warranty thru Jerry on the warranty price update thread. I'm in the US so i'll be o.k. but that would be upsetting not being able to get a factory TOYOTA warranty because a TOYOTA dealer can't find your vin. Did you have to get your warranty from a Canadian dealer? at 3 times the price?
Not sure why he was not able to find my VIN number. I would suspect if the car was sold in Canada that Toyata dealer in US can not find it. In the case somebody buy a car in US and bring it over - it should work. Somebody might have different experience.
You are right, the prices in Canada are outrageous.

2010 RAV4 SPORT V6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page