Toyota Techstream and MVCI - Page 11 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 General Discuss anything RAV4.3 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#101 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 06:21 PM
Your Humble Administrator

Thanked 1,170 Times in 845 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJBertrand View Post
Not one to quote myself, but I really need help here. I've upgraded to 7.20 something but I still have the same problem. Everyone else does not seem to have this issue but I cannot seem to get past it. I cannot get farther than the customize page. When I select a system, click the right arrow at the bottom of the page or double click the feature I wish to customize, nothing happens excpet a small window opens with reference code of some kind then closes, then nothing. I'm stumped help!
I would like to help, but I need more information. What type of computer/processor? What operating system? Which version of Techstream specifically? Which driver? Any major software running in the background--anti-virus, automated backup, etc., that could interfere? What happens when you run the cable check, are all lines showing green? When you run the health check, do any systems have an asterisk next to them?

James

2008 Limited V6 2WD "The Silver Bullet"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#102 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for Replying Junebug. I am running Windows XP on a lap top computer. The techstream version is 7.20.037. Not sure about the driver. How would I determine this?

Does the cable check have to be done with the cable connected to the car? Should the car be on, running?

Nothing major running in the background except MS Security Essentials, at least that I'm aware of. I run this lab top pretty lean.

The heathcheck completes fine with a couple asterisks,I think for things like 4wd & smart key, which I don't have.

I can get in and look at all the data, so it seems to be connecting ok. Thanks for any help!

WJBertrand
2011 Rav4
#103 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 01:33 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJBertrand View Post
Thanks for Replying Junebug. I am running Windows XP on a lap top computer. The techstream version is 7.20.037. Not sure about the driver. How would I determine this?
I'm running Techstream version 7.20.041 on an old Toshiba Satellite laptop running XP. The MVCI driver that came with the cable didn't work properly for me so I downloaded a newer version (v2.0.1) from this site:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=249c4...F532375995!113

Quote:
Does the cable check have to be done with the cable connected to the car? Should the car be on, running?
For some functions yes, and yes.

Quote:
Nothing major running in the background except MS Security Essentials, at least that I'm aware of. I run this lab top pretty lean.

The healthcheck completes fine with a couple asterisks,I think for things like 4wd & smart key, which I don't have.

I can get in and look at all the data, so it seems to be connecting ok. Thanks for any help!
Yes, I get the asterisk for stuff I don't have like moonroof, but with the original driver, I also had an asterisk next to Engine and drivetrain. I could change custom parameters, but the cable check showed a red on the L and K lines.

James

#104 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 02:40 AM
Advanced Member

I'll try that driver. Thanks!

WJBertrand
2011 Rav4
#105 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 12:53 PM

Yes, you need that new driver. I ran into the same problem with customization until I used the new driver JuneBug posted. Now it works perfectly.

2011 - V6, 4WD, Limited, 14k miles
#106 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 12:43 AM
Advanced Member

How do you set the Air Conditioner options on a vehicle with automatic climate control so that the A/C doesn't always turn on whenever you press the Auto button? This is in a 2007 Limited.

By the way, thanks for the great info in this thread everyone. I got mine fast from a U.S. Ebay seller and had to install the updated driver that JuneBug linked to for it to work.
#107 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 03:28 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivore View Post
How do you set the Air Conditioner options on a vehicle with automatic climate control so that the A/C doesn't always turn on whenever you press the Auto button? This is in a 2007 Limited.

By the way, thanks for the great info in this thread everyone. I got mine fast from a U.S. Ebay seller and had to install the updated driver that JuneBug linked to for it to work.
Look for the option that says "Function to turn A/C ON automatically linked
with FRONT DEF button when A/C is OFF"--change it from LINK to NORMAL.

James

#108 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 12:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneBug View Post
Look for the option that says "Function to turn A/C ON automatically linked
with FRONT DEF button when A/C is OFF"--change it from LINK to NORMAL.
Thanks JuneBug.

One more question. How do you register a new TPMS sensor with this software? I have one that needs to be replaced and expect it would be cheaper to simply buy a new one maybe from Ebay, have a tire shop swap it in and then register it myself instead of paying them to do that.
#109 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 03:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivore View Post
Thanks JuneBug.

One more question. How do you register a new TPMS sensor with this software? I have one that needs to be replaced and expect it would be cheaper to simply buy a new one maybe from Ebay, have a tire shop swap it in and then register it myself instead of paying them to do that.

I have no idea. Haven't had any reason to play with the TPMS.

James

#110 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 04:13 PM

I received the software and cable today. Ver 7.31.000 which includes the 2013 vehicles.

Being a computer dummy, it took me a few tries to get the software and cable driver working but I finally figured it out. I was happy to get rid of all of those beeps! Some of the functions you can set with the ignition off but others you have to have the ignition on.

One question though, does one have to register the software? Before I figured out what I was doing wrong, I was getting a message that said I was down to 27 tries left before registration was necessary to access the software. After I corrected my errors, I don't get that message anymore.

2010 Rav4 Base 6cyl 4WD w/ tow prep and hitch, XM radio
235/65R17 tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page