Toyota Techstream and MVCI - Page 12 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 General Discuss anything RAV4.3 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#111 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 07:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Songdog View Post
I received the software and cable today. Ver 7.31.000 which includes the 2013 vehicles.

Being a computer dummy, it took me a few tries to get the software and cable driver working but I finally figured it out. I was happy to get rid of all of those beeps! Some of the functions you can set with the ignition off but others you have to have the ignition on.

One question though, does one have to register the software? Before I figured out what I was doing wrong, I was getting a message that said I was down to 27 tries left before registration was necessary to access the software. After I corrected my errors, I don't get that message anymore.
Any chance you can upload the 7.31 somewhere?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#112 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikkoku View Post
Any chance you can upload the 7.31 somewhere?
I don't know how to do that. The file is somewhere around 130mb. I don't have a way to upload something that big.

2010 Rav4 Base 6cyl 4WD w/ tow prep and hitch, XM radio
235/65R17 tires
#113 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 11:59 AM

I got my cable just before Xmas and was trying to install today.

My CD included:
Toyota_TIS_7.20.041_Activation (folder)
MainMenu.exe (this replaces the installed exe file)
Toyota Techstream 7.20.041 Avivation.txt
Cable user manual.pdf
MVCI user manual.pdf
Toyota TIS install guide (english).pdf
Toyota Techstream 7.20.041.exe
MVCI Driver for TOYOTA-CABLE 2.0.1.msi
I got the Techstream installed and the cable driver installed fine. Plus it looks like the cable driver version is the newer one like JuneBug posted. The registration process was not what I expected. They provided a separate (probably modified) MainMenu.exe that you replace your original installed MainMenu.exe with. I opened the software to enter the registration key but the drop down is grayed out (not selectable).

Not certain if I have it completed or not yet...planning to test a connection to the RAV4 tonight. I read the posts that mention TISKEY. I do not have "TISKEY.exe" on my CD and am not sure if that is applicable to my software or not.

Keeping my fingers crossed. The stupid DRL is the first thing that is getting obliterated if this works.
#114 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Advanced Member

I think you will need that tiskey file (or something similar) to unlock the software. I know when I upgraded my techstream version from 7.10.xxx to 7.20.xxx, I had to re-run the tiskey file to avoid the registration key request.

WJBertrand
2011 Rav4
#115 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Your Humble Administrator

Thanked 1,099 Times in 794 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJBertrand View Post
I think you will need that tiskey file (or something similar) to unlock the software. I know when I upgraded my techstream version from 7.10.xxx to 7.20.xxx, I had to re-run the tiskey file to avoid the registration key request.
No, it sounds like he got the same version as me. There was no tiskey on my disc nor was it needed. Replacing the MainMenu.exe file takes care of everything.

James

2008 Limited V6 2WD "The Silver Bullet"

#116 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 01:58 PM

Cool that is what I was hoping to hear. I suspected that the registration dropdown was grayed out due to being "registered" status already. I'll know tonight if it works or not. If it does not work, I'll look around for the TISKEY to try.
Thanks JuneBug and WJBertrand.
#117 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 04:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneBug View Post
No, it sounds like he got the same version as me. There was no tiskey on my disc nor was it needed. Replacing the MainMenu.exe file takes care of everything.
OK, sounds like there are different unlock methods depending on the supplier/source you purchased from? My version did not have a mainmenu.exe file. After running TISKEY.exe, I noticed the main menu, or home page changed though, so it sounds like both programs do more or less the same thing? I suspected as much hence my hedge saying "or something similar" to TISKEY,

WJBertrand
2011 Rav4
#118 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 07:40 PM

Yea, I think you are right there must be more than one way to skin a cat...or "pirate a registration key".
I just tried it out and it works great. I was able to turn off DRL and look around alittle too. Also ran a cable check but the two powertrain lines are not communicating even with this version of the cable driver. I'll have to play around with it some more.
Thanks for all the help. Easily worth the $30.

v - Understood and I am willing to take that risk. The DRL requirement is ridiculous, there is no substantiated proof that it alters incident occurrence. None. But this thread isn't really the place to discuss that topic.

Last edited by Jarharms; 01-02-2013 at 09:46 PM.
#119 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Advanced Member

I know you don't care but someone else's DRL probably saved me from getting hit this week. I was backing out of my driveway during the day and couldn't see around around a van parked on the street. Just as I was starting to gun it I spotted just enough flash of a headlight reflecting off the side of the car across the street to realize someone was coming. I hit the brakes and he whizzed right by within the next second. But I'm glad you got yours disconnected. Good luck with it.
#120 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarharms View Post
Yea, I think you are right there must be more than one way to skin a cat...or "pirate a registration key".
I just tried it out and it works great. I was able to turn off DRL and look around alittle too. Also ran a cable check but the two powertrain lines are not communicating even with this version of the cable driver. I'll have to play around with it some more.
Thanks for all the help. Easily worth the $30.
Don't forget to check with your car insurance agent to see if disabling DRLs will affect your insurance liabilities.

Tom

2010 RAV4 Limited 4WD V6 Blizzard Pearl

To live only for some future goal is shallow. It's the sides of the mountain that sustain life, not the top." — Robert M. Pirsig

Illegitimi non carborundum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page