Is this totaled? - Page 6 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 General Discuss anything RAV4.3 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#51 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 09:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks JuneBug, thats it exactly.

Toyota Family x2
2007 Rav
2006 Tundra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#52 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 01:14 PM

(Thread Starter)
Anyone see any issues with reconditioned wheels? ;-)
#53 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Advanced Member

Just came across this wreck for sale on Ebay (click here) .. a 2008 I4 FWD Limited with 17k miles on it and they're asking $9,900
Doesn't look quite as bad as the OPs, but might be interesting to watch.

2010 Toyota RAV4 V6 AWD Sport-Sport, Magnetic Grey/Charcoal, Extra Value Pkg, Sport Appearance Pkg, Tow Pkg, BlueLogic hands free
#54 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 05:21 PM

(Thread Starter)
Thanks. That will be interesting to see.

I spoke the guy at the auto body shop yesterday. He said once I approve the work, he will take the car apart and look for more damage. Right now the insurance adjuster has listed 4 hours of labor on frame damage repair.

Also for the first time I was able to see what hit my RAV4. It looks like bumper of the Ford hit my RAV4 directly below the door. So I am thinking there has got to be some frame damage underneath. The auto body shop also is concerned about the suspension on the passenger side front. That side hit the curb before being lifted over it. He said more damage found on that those 2 areas could push the the numbers past totaled.

I live on a narrow street, so the driver of the Ford sideswiped 4 cars, then hit the gas as he tried to get away. Hitting that led him to him my Rav4.

Does anyone on this board think getting my RAV4 back is a good idea? or I should just be pushing for it to be totaled?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1264.jpg (237.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 40637185.jpg (77.9 KB, 33 views)
#55 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 07:30 PM
avs
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelight1978 View Post
Thanks. That will be interesting to see.

I spoke the guy at the auto body shop yesterday. He said once I approve the work, he will take the car apart and look for more damage. Right now the insurance adjuster has listed 4 hours of labor on frame damage repair.

Also for the first time I was able to see what hit my RAV4. It looks like bumper of the Ford hit my RAV4 directly below the door. So I am thinking there has got to be some frame damage underneath. The auto body shop also is concerned about the suspension on the passenger side front. That side hit the curb before being lifted over it. He said more damage found on that those 2 areas could push the the numbers past totaled.

I live on a narrow street, so the driver of the Ford sideswiped 4 cars, then hit the gas as he tried to get away. Hitting that led him to him my Rav4.

Does anyone on this board think getting my RAV4 back is a good idea? or I should just be pushing for it to be totaled?
Looks like there's at least 8000-10,000 worth of damage. If you can get it totaled go ahead. Not worth fixing if there's that much damage. Also, does the door close like it was before? Depending on the person working on the door, it takes a good autobody shop guy getting the door to line up properly or maintain a good seal.
#56 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 07:40 PM

Garage
I would rather have totaled because it won't be the same.You would not be able to sell very well either.

#57 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 11:56 PM

(Thread Starter)
Just posting an update. The guy driving the rental bus plead guilty to hitting 5 parked cars and blowing .17 and got 12 hours in jail (already served), license suspended for 7 months, an ignition lock installed on any car he owns (he doesn't own one), and a fine of $803. His "immigration" status is in trouble too.

$12,000 in damage on my Rav4, 3 other cars were totaled, and 1 there was badly damaged and this guy walks with $803 fine.

3 more weeks until I get my Rav4 back.
#58 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 09:36 AM
avs
Advanced Member

Geez only 12 hours in jail. That's a slap on the wrist.
#59 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 12:34 PM

(Thread Starter)
I was going to offer to do the 12 hours and pay fine if they perp would have paid off my note on the rav. He could have the car too.

Clearly the state of nj isn't very serious about deterring people from drunk driving. Or from hitting other cars when drunk. Or trying to run after hitting those cars. First by driving away (but combination of narrow block, my rav4, and the wide rental bus he was driving caused a problem with that) Then on foot, the police got there in time to get him.

Man, what an insult
#60 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 03:59 PM
Advanced Member

Then we have this "Illegal immigrants cleared to hit the roads" Illinois poised to grant driver's licenses to illegal immigrants - chicagotribune.com

I believe in safety, education, and enforcement, not banning, ignorance, and blame.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page