what are you paying for your 2012 4wd base rav at this point - Page 2 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 General Discuss anything RAV4.3 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 10:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ConsumerReports guaranteeing X $ off MSRP???????........how r they going to guarantee what a dealership is willing to discount?.......smellin' like tuna fish to me.

'09 RAV4 V6 Ltd - Yep, it's gotta HEMI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djb383 View Post
ConsumerReports guaranteeing X $ off MSRP???????........how r they going to guarantee what a dealership is willing to discount?.......smellin' like tuna fish to me.
Consumer Reports auto buying service has a network of dealerships that agree to charge a lower price when subscribers use the CR "Build & Buy" process. It's not perfect. When I used it on my Rav4 it gave me 3 dealers and their price for a car like I wanted. The lowest dealer didn't have a car like I wanted so I went to the dealer next up on the list. They had a car close to what I wanted and agreed to the price. I wanted the rear view camera so they installed it on my car at no extra charge. I was happy. Was it the lowest price. I don't know. But it was $2000 lower than the same car on Edmunds at the time.
#13 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 02:02 PM

2012 I4 base model. $23,500 out the door. Received $1000 rebate in the mail about five weeks later.

TOY's
2012 RAV4 4WD 4cyl Base-model Pacific Blue
2004 Highlander 6cyl 2WD
2001 4Runner 6cyl 2WD
2000 Camry 4cyl
#14 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 07:25 AM

I went through Consumer Reports looking for a base V6 with some upgrades. In order to take my old Mercedes as a trade .. they would not offer ANY discounts from MSRP if you wanted to get the 0% financing. Just the trade-in value, based on the kelley blue book, on the old car. No big deals for sure. Disappointed and walked out. Will buy one somewhere - as the V6 is super quiet, strong, powerful. For my purposes fits the bill. Just need to find the best price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page