Timing for a 2012 Rav4 Purchase? - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 General Discuss anything RAV4.3 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Timing for a 2012 Rav4 Purchase?

Given the coming 2013 model, when is the best time to purchase a 2012 model? Is the price on the 2012 expected to dip slightly once the new 2013's are out in January?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 08:21 AM

in my province the toyota dealers are offering 0 % financing up to 72 months or 0% lease rate over 48 months on remaining 2012's--which makes a nice savings over the long haul compared to 2.9 'ish rate.

I emailed one of the salesmen and he quoted me a price 700 bucks more than what the canadian toyota ''build and price'' website tool spits back at me when used --and I made sure to clik on the box that will include taxes,frieght/PDI,fees .

if his quote was in same ballpark of what the build and price tool spat out I would have taken the next step in negotiating a deal --but 700 bucks difference kinda ticked me off enough to wait a few more weeks to talk to the sales manager in person instead of this salesman via email
#3 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Many makers offer a cooperative incentive with the dealer to flush out old models. For instance I bought my 2008 Limited new in Jan. of '09. It was the last one and they wanted it gone so it was invoice minus $1000. Toyota put in $500 and the dealer put in $500. They also gave me full book for my trade in. The deals will be flowing big time at the end of the year but choices will be less. If I were in the market I'd start looking right now. Both manufacturers and dealers want to close out the last month of the year with record sales.

Old Bird......sometimes wise
2008 Base V-6 front wheel drive
2008 Limited V-6 front wheel drive
Both with Tow Prep Package
#4 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynorth View Post
in my province the toyota dealers are offering 0 % financing up to 72 months or 0% lease rate over 48 months on remaining 2012's--which makes a nice savings over the long haul compared to 2.9 'ish rate.

I emailed one of the salesmen and he quoted me a price 700 bucks more than what the canadian toyota ''build and price'' website tool spits back at me when used --and I made sure to clik on the box that will include taxes,frieght/PDI,fees .

if his quote was in same ballpark of what the build and price tool spat out I would have taken the next step in negotiating a deal --but 700 bucks difference kinda ticked me off enough to wait a few more weeks to talk to the sales manager in person instead of this salesman via email
I had a similar experience with a Toyota dealer some years ago - interest-free financing, but the price quoted for the Tacoma I was looking at was full MSRP +. I did some investigating and discovered that the zero financing was partially covered by the dealer, which took away their ability to bargain for a lower vehicle price. At the time, ordinary finance interest percentage rates were rather high.

Jim
2011 Upgraded Base V6 4WD
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT
2002 Craftsman LT1000 V2

Jesus is Lord
#5 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 11:49 PM

2012 RAVs are now out of production. If there was a particular color or option combination you wanted, be aware that as each day passes by the inventory gets less and less and what you wanted may no longer be available.

As for price, research the online guides such as edmunds.com, kbb.com and truecar.com. Edmunds will tell you if there are any incentives in place. The incentives will control what the dealer's bottom line price will be.
#6 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 07:38 AM

Here the price varies depending if it's a lease, a financing or cash sale. I paid cash and had $4,000 off the MSRP plus a small discount from the dealer and I'm quite happy with the deal.

2012 Sport V6 Classic Silver no option
1999 Lexus RX300 Pearl White base gone
1972 Corolla 1200 Yellow 4 speed manual long gone
Others too many to mention!
#7 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 08:53 PM
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to AWDios Send a message via MSN to AWDios Send a message via Yahoo to AWDios
I know we're running out in our region. No 3rd rows left, not too many in general left on the lot, so I suppose at this point the answer would be as soon as possible, unless you don't care about color or options.

http://www.pstoc.org
Puget Sound Toyota Owners Club
Sales and Leasing Consultant - Toyota of Kirkland
http://www.facebook.com/rogercarrTOK
#8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 09:51 AM

Buy now - especially if you're looking for a V6 AWD. We got 2 of them in our family for $700 under invoice. And 0% interest for 60 months on the one that we financed.
#9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 01:10 AM

I just bought a 2012 basic model with EXTRA VALUE PACKAGE plus Toyota return 750. The MSRP is 27,270 but I paid 27319.6 (included fees and Taxes) and got a New Blue RAV4.
#10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 06:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walf View Post
I just bought a 2012 basic model with EXTRA VALUE PACKAGE plus Toyota return 750. The MSRP is 27,270 but I paid 27319.6 (included fees and Taxes) and got a New Blue RAV4.

Welcome Walf!

2008 V6 Sport 4WD Flint Mica
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page