Potential 2006 Sport V6 4X4 purchase, 111 000 miles - Page 2 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 General Discuss anything RAV4.3 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#11 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 09:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by olds362 View Post
I am seeing 19-20 in town and 27-29 on the expressway only driving conservatively with the cruise set at about 60.
These numbers are very close to mine, and I usually have cruise set at 110 KPH (69 MPH) . I lose 3 - 4 US MPG on Snow Tires (Blizzaks).
My best recorded trip ever was on OEM All-Seasons; 530 miles @ 29.7 US MPG. Odo reading was 94000 km. (58000 miles)
My worst recorded trip ever was on Blizzaks; 970 miles @ 20.98 US MPG. Odo reading was 60000 km (37000 miles).
I'll be interested to see what my new Venza can do, under the same conditions.

2013 Toyota Venza AWD V6 Touring w/JBL package
2008 Toyota Rav4 AWD V6 Base
Many other vehicles beginning with...
1932 Ford 8, acquired in 1959
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 06:44 PM

(Thread Starter)
Well I went and drove the 2006 Sport V6 4X4 w/ 177,000 kms today. It drove pretty well, little bit rougher than the Limited I'm used to. No obvious sounds/problems. The Front bumper has a crack near the headlight but I negatiated a purchase price without them fixing it.

Apparently it is a one owner car, traded to a BMW dealer for an X5, interior is mint condition. I can get it for $10,400 CAD out the door, or $4000 trade with my TSX. I think either option is good, the car is being safetied Monday for me.

Thoughts on this deal? He was ok with me taking it to a Toyota dealer prior to final deal, but I don't know if I'll have time.
#13 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 10:45 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryph View Post
Well I went and drove the 2006 Sport V6 4X4 w/ 177,000 kms today. It drove pretty well, little bit rougher than the Limited I'm used to. No obvious sounds/problems. The Front bumper has a crack near the headlight but I negatiated a purchase price without them fixing it.

Apparently it is a one owner car, traded to a BMW dealer for an X5, interior is mint condition. I can get it for $10,400 CAD out the door, or $4000 trade with my TSX. I think either option is good, the car is being safetied Monday for me.

Thoughts on this deal? He was ok with me taking it to a Toyota dealer prior to final deal, but I don't know if I'll have time.
Any advice here guys? I think I'll either keep my TSX for my fiance or sell privately because they are going for more than he offered on the trade.

Does anyone have experience with getting Toyota dealers to do "pre-purchase exams"? Just wondering how much that will cost, what all they'll look at, and if it's worth it?

Thanks

PS I guess the other question is if anyone thinks it's worth going up 2-3 thousand dollars to get one with lower miles? I'm having a hard time convincing myself that it is.
#14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 11:03 PM
Advanced Member

Have you considered using www.hertzcarsales.com
Their prices are not bad but you have hundreds of "owners" previous to you

2008 Base Rav4, 4 Cylinder, 4WD
My upgrades Allen Spare tire Bike Rack
Currently listening to "OLIVA - Raise the curtain"
#15 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 11:15 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanib View Post
Have you considered using www.hertzcarsales.com
Their prices are not bad but you have hundreds of "owners" previous to you
Only in the US, and ones near Buffalo were 19k for Base models so I'll stick local. Looks like US prices aren't as attractive as they used to be.
#16 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 07:33 AM
Advanced Member

There is also a the Ottawa Bank street site.
http://hertz.snlease.com/search.aspx?dealershipID=1734

However for this price, you are looking at 50,000 km and 2011/2012 models, if they have any available.

2008 Base Rav4, 4 Cylinder, 4WD
My upgrades Allen Spare tire Bike Rack
Currently listening to "OLIVA - Raise the curtain"
#17 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 10:30 PM

(Thread Starter)
So I took the car for another test drive today. This time went for 30+ minutes, city and highway. Got the car up to 140km/h on the highway, no issues, power is great at all RPMs/speed. Stopped by the local Toyota dealer and the service lady was kind enough to look up history, car had been seen once at their dealer but other records at Toyota dealers were only up until 2009 (so hopefully they maintained elsewhere). She said there were no obvious problems.

If I purchase I will get Toyota to inspect for $99.99 prior to completing the deal. Final price that the dealer will go to is $9100 + licensing and taxes (safety and emissions test included) = $10,400 here OTD. In this area the next best options are all still 100,000+ kms and are going for 12-13 thousand dollars.

Here are some pictures. There's literally no damage other than the one bumper crack and a single door ding, the interior is in unbelievably pristine condition (way better than my dad's 09).

I was wondering if anyone could comment on the engine bay pictures (any obvious problems, is it the old oil line?, etc.).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page