Two year free maintenance service - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 General Discuss anything RAV4.3 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 06:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Two year free maintenance service

Do we get certs or do we just schedule an appt with a dealer? Bought my rav on dec5 and haven't received anything yet from Toyota
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 07:19 PM
Advanced Member

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Veliksam
Re: Two year free maintenance service

You can make an appointment or you can just show up unannounced. Your first service should be in June or when you hit 5k miles.

-----2012 V6 Sport, Tow Prep, & 4x4-----
HU: Kenwood DNN991HD & back-up cam,
JDM HID Projector Headlights w/Toshiba D4S Bulbs, JDM Vanguard Tail Lights
Front DRL's, LED Bumper Park/Brake lights,
Laser Interceptor Quad & Passport 9500ix
Red "SPORT" Theme
----------
#3 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 12:18 AM
Advanced Member

You should receive a booklet from Toyota with the details of the Toyota Care two years free maintenance program. Also you might wish to register with the Toyota Owners web site. Toyota has sent me a card reminding me of my forthcoming final Toyota Care service, which I will bypass since I have put only about 600 miles on my RAV since the last one, so they do notify owners. When the time comes for your service it's best to make an appointment since a tire rotation and vehicle check are part of it, more than usually is done with a quick lube service.

Jim
2011 Upgraded Base V6 4WD
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT
2002 Craftsman LT1000 V2

Jesus is Lord
#4 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 06:04 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Jim,

You might want to take them up on that last service regardless of the mileage. Oil change is 5,000 miles OR six months whichever comes first to maintain warranty. I've had to dump oil with 200 miles on it due to the time stipulation. It is ridiculous I admit but I want no grief whatsoever if I have an engine/power train issue down the road.......HMMM not the best choice of words but you know what I mean

Old Bird......sometimes wise
2008 Base V-6 front wheel drive
2008 Limited V-6 front wheel drive
Both with Tow Prep Package
#5 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 12:35 PM

Just got a reminder postcard for my final freebie under the two year window closing in less than 60 days. I think that's a good customer service touch.
#6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 12:58 PM

Just show up. I was surprised how painless it was. Doesn't even need to be at the dealer you bought it from. They check the VIN and already know all about the car. Jsut mention it to them to make sure they know. For the first two years there really is no survice except for changing the oil and rotating the tires. I have them skip the tire rotation cause I swap winter/summer wheels and take care of the rotations myself.

Oh you get a free car wash, fluids topped off, including windshield wiper fluid. But they do not use the -20 stuff, so it freeze on your windshiled when it isreally cold.

You can also get a free cup of coffee, sit in some nice new cars/ trucks and make vroom vroom noises.

2012 4wd i4 3rd row
#7 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 01:38 PM

Garage
(lafs at Mr. Pulldown making vroom vroom noises)

They gave me a little card, a booklet, and lots of reminders, and I took advantage of each free service. Sadly, no free car wash for me.

Most annoying thing is the several "survey" calls from the dealer after each one. I tell them their lounge is too small and the tv is too loud!

White 2011 V6, base with upgrades.
#8 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 06:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
Jim,

You might want to take them up on that last service regardless of the mileage. Oil change is 5,000 miles OR six months whichever comes first to maintain warranty. I've had to dump oil with 200 miles on it due to the time stipulation. It is ridiculous I admit but I want no grief whatsoever if I have an engine/power train issue down the road.......HMMM not the best choice of words but you know what I mean
RF,

Thanks for the useful reminder regarding service intervals. I know about both and according to the six months factor my next oil/filter change is due in April, with my previous Toyota Care service done last October. I have a prepaid oil and filter change plus vehicle check service with my servicing dealer, up to four services per year, so the money isn't a factor. What is a factor is that the dealer is a 2 1/2 hour January wintery drive in each direction over some potentially snowy and icy mountain roads with lots of sharp curves with a several hundred feet off-the-cliffsides drop straight down into a river - Ouch!

Jim
2002 Craftsman LT1000 V2

Jesus is Lord
#9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blogson View Post
RF,

Thanks for the useful reminder regarding service intervals. I know about both and according to the six months factor my next oil/filter change is due in April, with my previous Toyota Care service done last October. I have a prepaid oil and filter change plus vehicle check service with my servicing dealer, up to four services per year, so the money isn't a factor. What is a factor is that the dealer is a 2 1/2 hour January wintery drive in each direction over some potentially snowy and icy mountain roads with lots of sharp curves with a several hundred feet off-the-cliffsides drop straight down into a river - Ouch!
I had NO IDEA since we (fortunately) do not have to deal with such things. Sorry I butted in as you are well aware of service intervals. This makes me happy that all I have to deal with is heat, sand, and dust for most of the year. This is the paradise time for us when none of those factors exists. Officially it's called winter here but I doubt most would recognize it as that.

Old Bird......sometimes wise
2008 Base V-6 front wheel drive
2008 Limited V-6 front wheel drive
Both with Tow Prep Package
#10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 07:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
I had NO IDEA since we (fortunately) do not have to deal with such things. Sorry I butted in as you are well aware of service intervals. This makes me happy that all I have to deal with is heat, sand, and dust for most of the year. This is the paradise time for us when none of those factors exists. Officially it's called winter here but I doubt most would recognize it as that.
You haven't "butted in," and I appreciate your taking the time and effort to remind me about servicing requirements even when I already knew about them. As the saying has it, it's better to be safe than to be sorry! Thanks again. And enjoy your summery winter!

Jim
2002 Craftsman LT1000 V2

Jesus is Lord
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page