Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Need the front end to look more rugged/Macho.

26K views 44 replies 16 participants last post by  farmer17 
#1 ·
I bought a 2012 RAV4 about 5 months ago and have been quite pleased with it, and about the only thing I would like to improve on is, the front end just doesn't look Macho enough. I was thinking about a bull bar but most of them just don't do much for me, and a small winch would be perfect but apparently they are a custom fit and are extremely difficult to attach. I also thought about a billet grille or different grille but I'm kinda lukewarm on that idea too, any other ideas?

#4 ·
Sorry to say, but if you want macho then you should have bought a 4Runner. I don't think I have ever seen a macho CUV (Cute Utility Vehicle). LoL

#7 ·
Is this Macho enough?

Just kidding. Here is the real macho:

#9 ·
Why are they annoying? Do you hear them whisper and tease you? Do you hear the light bar's voices in your mind?

Btw, I don't think a hammer would work, these things are built very solid.

#12 ·
what i find annoying is that the light is not very focused.....either that or no one can aim these things worth a damn.......and more often than not the assclowns that have these also have hid bulbs in their headlights and fog lights and all are on at the same time.......and of course it generally is on a ford or chevy diesel pickup that is lifted so high a step ladder is needed to get in.......

#10 ·
Yup, after I purchased my RAV4 it turned out it was a gay/lesbian car. Who knew? Same with with the previous car, Subaru. I gave it to my wife and I drive a geek's car, prius. Wait, is that a gay car too?

#19 ·
Yeah baby, V6 power on those buns! :D

#21 ·
And don't even attempt to talk about those exhaust notes. 0:)

#27 ·

#30 ·
#34 ·
Yeah, I don't think anyone should take a RAV4 on serious off-roading or rock crawling trips, no matter how much its been lifted or modified. No uni-body vehicle was ever meant for that, you need a heavy duty truck frame or a tricked out Jeep Wrangler, but I think it still looks pretty cool. If it was mine and somebody mocked me and called me an "off-road poser"
I'm pretty confident I could come up with a good response for them.

#36 ·
(Disclaimer: I quoted you for the unibody statement, the post itself is directed to everyone and no one. :cheers:)

Let me point out a couple things real quick. First of all, the Jeep Cherokee is a unibody off roader. Mods are endless for them and they are more than capable despite the unibody. Many scoffed when they first came out but they've proven they're very capable with a plentiful aftermarket and low offroad entry cost. That's just one example. Of course, there's always the tried and true, but there are multiple ways of tackling off road.

Second, nobody's claiming the RAV is a hardcore rockcrawler. However, it's far more adept than what most believe, (people also tend to think all AWD systems are the same on "soft roaders" - they are NOT), especially when outfitted with a proper tire, driver and such. You'd be shocked at some of our off road trails I've taken the RAV exploring the limits of its capabilities. Again, there were plenty of places it, or I, won't go without underbody protection, proper low-range, etc and, given my broad and varied off-road experience, I know where not to take it.

Besides, who gives a damn if the thing ever even sees dirt? I don't care if someone does something to their vehicle I'm not into. (For the record, I like the look of the gray RAV for the most part), I'm just happy people are out there enjoying their automobiles and making them their own. A real car guy enjoys all aspects of automotive culture. I'm not into stance, for example, but it doesn't mean I can't appreciate it.

Also, I kinda like seeing how far a vehicle can be taken and measured in every aspect. Even in categories most wouldn't bother measuring or attempting. Hell, my same RAV has been to the track, as well as my regular daily (Vibe GT) and my garage queen (Supra). All 3 have even seen the same backroads. Ok, so the Supra hasn't been offroading but I do drive it thru the first snowfall each year since moving north. lol
Hmm, I think I just like driving. :D

#37 ·
for me, macho means fancy! i like it. but i am practical nowadays. :-(

#42 ·
I wonder why we never get posts from the ladies on how to make their RAV4 more girly? :kiss

#45 ·
I just installed a black steel front license plate holder and put my construction company plate on, and it helped the front end looks a lot more than I would have thought. I'm thinking now some tow hooks on the front might be the only thing else I need and they would help when I hall long materials or a Kayak. I removed the plastic covers and it looks to be an easy install, anyone ever install front tow hooks?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.