Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

BRIDGESTONE BLIZZAK DM-V1

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  agray56 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has bought a set of these. Bridgestone's part number for them (in a 215/70R16 size) is 113807.
I'm getting 16" steel wheels to put them on for $69 each and the tires at $113.30 each. That's the cheapest I can seem to find anywhere in Canada. There is cheaper stuff in the states but it ends up being more expensive by the time you get them up here.
I saw a couple other brands that were cheaper but reviews all seemed terrible. Anyone else have any insight?

Thanks!

#2 ·
I have the DM-V1's for my RAV also. About as good as a winter tire can get. :thumbs_up: I have had them on several of my vehicles.

#3 ·
I also have the DM-V1 for the last three winter seasons now. Exact same sentiment as TrdLtly, very positive experiences.

The only downside is the tire becomes an all season tire once the tread has worn past the 50% (~ 8/32th" of the 11/32" original tread depth) mark. All the sticky winter rubber compound 'cap' is essentially used up by that point and only harder substrate (all-season) compound remains. You can choose to run them as all-season tires to use them up.

I bought my tires from CostCo. You may want to check there as I think there is a $70 off rebate (4 tires) promotion on at the moment.

#4 ·
Volume/Speed Rating Concerns

Hi there- am just debating getting new all seasons (looking at the Bridgestone Dueller H/L Alenza) or winters which would be the Blizzak DM-V1. Live in Toronto, but don't drive a ton, so I have gotten away with all seasons for 65K, with careful driving.

In searching out reviews I noticed the Volume/Speed rating on the Blizzaks are 100R when my OEM Toyo's are 99H. Did any of you go down on the speed rating with the Blizzaks, and if so, did you notice any issues?

Thanks in advance!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.