Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Paint issue with 2006 rav4 Blizzard Pearl

11K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  eccentric 
G
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with the paint on the 2006 rav4 (Blizzard Pearl). My wife 's Rave has Small Baige dots around the gas tank area , we took it to the dealer and they had a toyota rep look at the paint , They decided to color sand the area and when we got the vehical back it looked fine , a couple 3 weeks later i noticed more of these dots in about the same area , The dealer looked at the truck again with another toyota rep decided to paint that part of the truck but stipulated if the issue arose again in that area that they (toyota) would not cover the repair( the truck is less than 6 months old , )so i have held up from getting the repair until i can get some good info so i contacted toyota and they pretty much said what ever the rep said was what they would do. Dont get me wrong i am not trying to blame toyota or the rav4 but i do want to see if anyone has any simular issues so i can get my issue corrected or if anyone has a Phone# for someone @ toyota that could help me thanks

G
#2 ·
I can only tell you that my '06 Blizzard Pearl has not shown any problem with the paint. In fact it is one of the best paint jobs I have had on a car. The only car to beat it is my XType Jaguar which has an outstanding paint process and end result. And to think that the English used to have the absolute worst paint jobs.

#3 ·
Hmm interesting, does it look like someone splashed cola or root beer on it? If so, I had an experience back in August during the monsoon season. It was raining every day so I didn’t wash it for a couple of weeks. It showed up the end of the first week below the gas filler door, I just thought someone spilled on it and it would wash away. Much to my surprise, it was sort of etched into the clear coat! I used some fine cut polishing compound and got about 90% of it off. I can only assume it was dripping gasoline as I pulled the filler out. Now I check to see if any dripped by accident, then wipe it off. The strange thing, you can’t tell it ever happened….weird :? Other than that the rest of the paint is fine.

#7 ·
You might want to check this....

http://rav4world.com/tsb/2006/PA002-02.pdf

If this is your problem, it is very easy to fix.

I know that's an old post, but I wonder if they are still using Rapgard? I discovered a tiny brownish spot yesterday, and it's right on a door seam where they might've applied something like that for shipping. Sorry if I'm on the wrong thread because this is not Blizzard Pearl paint, but it does look like it might be a similar issue.

#5 ·
Blizzard Pearl paint issue.

Hi, On the question of paint issues, I just pruchased a CPO 2009 Rav4 Limited with the Blizzard Pearl paint. Two days after the paint on area in front of sunroof started bubbling in a few areas and then a long strip of paint just peeled off. Not sure what is going on but I have some good picts.

#6 ·
Hi, On the question of paint issues, I just pruchased a CPO 2009 Rav4 Limited with the Blizzard Pearl paint. Two days after the paint on area in front of sunroof started bubbling in a few areas and then a long strip of paint just peeled off. Not sure what is going on but I have some good picts.
There another thread on this problem in that area. You are not alone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.