Installing Nerf Bar on 2007 Rav4 - Page 2 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 Exterior Tires, Wheels, Lights, Spoilers, Flares, Bars, Tow Hitches, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 12:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Finally got them on, it was a little bit of work making sure that the tubes lined up right, but they're finally on...

I'll take pictures first chance I can get and post them...

I had this cooky idea... My mother and my mother-in-law have trouble getting in and out of my Rav4.. It's a little too high for them, that's another reason that I wanted to put the bars on..

Has anyone thought of installing, or have installed LED's in the foot steps of a side step? I figured, the tube is hollow so you can run wiring through it...

It would be sweet to have it rigged up with the interior lights, so that when I use the auto-unlock function of my car key, since when I do that and the doors unlock and the interior lights go on, that the LED's in the side steps would go on too... That way, if it's dark, they could see the side steps without any problem... Then once the car is started, the LED's would turn off...

Wacky, huh? I wonder if it would be possible..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 06:52 PM

Still waiting for the pix

I like the idea of LEDs.. that will be sic.. let me know if you do that.
#13 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 09:41 PM

These look like the same ones I bought off ebay. Look great now that they are installed, but they were a PITA to put on. I finally got the driver side on, but could never get the passenger side lined up right (was angled up and kept hitting the door bottom). Had a place put it on for me, they said they had to do some bending...

Oh yeah, worthless tech support at ebay shop that sells and supposedly installs these. Couldn't even speak english.
#14 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 08:51 AM

(Thread Starter)
So I've finally took pictures of my 2007 Rav4 with the nerf bars installed. Sorry it took so long, but they're in my album if you want to check them out.. I also took a picture of the underside showing the proper installation of the forward bracket, since this is the little bugger that caused me so many sleepless nights...

Now the only thing left is to put in fog lamps and tint the windows a little darker...

I want to send a big THANKS to pinkoobhatia for helping me out with this one, you're a lifesaver...
#15 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 04:14 PM

You are welcome jalifid
I figured it is time to pay back to the Rav4 society. I have been getting a lot of help

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalifid
So I've finally took pictures of my 2007 Rav4 with the nerf bars installed. Sorry it took so long, but they're in my album if you want to check them out.. I also took a picture of the underside showing the proper installation of the forward bracket, since this is the little bugger that caused me so many sleepless nights...

Now the only thing left is to put in fog lamps and tint the windows a little darker...

I want to send a big THANKS to pinkoobhatia for helping me out with this one, you're a lifesaver...
#16 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 10:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to desunnysi1989
PLEASE send me pics also!

I have the exact same problem on my 08 v4 sport. I ordered the nerf bars off ebay, and am having difficulty installing. Can you PLEASE send me the pictures for how to installed yours? Greatly Appreciated! thank you!
#17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 10:32 PM

(Thread Starter)
No problem.. would you happen to have a picture of the brackets or a picture of the entire kit? We'll start from there and I'll walk you step by step, if I can...
#18 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 10:35 PM

i can take them and send them to you tomorrow. Infact, its the same kit as http://www.authentictruck.com/tempir...uctions/70.jpg . except all the tee-bolts are the same size. Ill take a more precise picture tomorrow as soon as i get home around 2ish.
#19 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 10:47 PM

(Thread Starter)
Awesome, they ARE the same as mine... Check the T-bolts again.. they may look same, but I want to say that the threads on the bolts aren't, or shouldn't be the same length..

Trust me, looking at it at the brackets, the front ones never made sense to me on how the sit...

The back ones were easy because those sit flush pointing front to back..

It's the front ones that go from left to right.. it was weird... well, based on what the instructions said.. They didn't really paint the picture very well...

I might have a picture of the under carriage of my car in my album.. check it out if you'd like... Were you able to find the rubber stoppers that cover up the holes where the t-bolts go?
#20 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 10:50 PM

i belive so, they are the rather larger holes under the car and an oval shape, run very close to the outer edge. Ya the back brackets seem easy to install, but will they hold sturdy with just one tee-bolt?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page