Post Pics Of Your Aftermarket Wheels on Your 4.3 RAV4 - Page 38 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 Exterior Tires, Wheels, Lights, Spoilers, Flares, Bars, Tow Hitches, etc.

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #371 of 384 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 01:06 AM
Junior Member
Country: KlunkerBiker's Flag is: United States
 
KlunkerBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Tehachapi Valley, CA
Posts: 13
Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My 2011 Limited

Hi everyone.

I thought I would share a picture of my somewhat new-to-me Rav4. My wife and I recently moved to the mountains, but I commute 110 miles a day with a drive home elevation gain of 4,400 feet . I purchased this V6 to get me up the mountains, but am happy with the 23-24 mpg's I get.

I am not kidding when I say I have been wanting this for a couple years. It's the perfect car for exploring fire roads, camping and road trips in general. I hope to make it look a bit more adventurous as time goes by.

Incidentally, we sold our FJ to get this as it's much more practical and we plan on starting a family soon.

The wheels are 16 x 8 American Racing, +35 offset. Tires are 225/70-16 BFG AT KO2's. As most of you are aware, lot's of space in the fenders. No rubbing with this wheel offset and width. The tires are still within the fender well.

I will post better pictures as I get the opportunity. Thanks everyone for the great and helpful forum.

KlunkerBiker is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to KlunkerBiker For This Useful Post:
blkrav2012 (06-14-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #372 of 384 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 11:41 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Not exactly aftermarket but still good looking!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1466480492502.jpg (142.8 KB, 115 views)
FFJosty is offline  
post #373 of 384 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 10:33 AM
Junior Member
Country: 118R3volution's Flag is: Canada
 
118R3volution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AB
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlunkerBiker View Post
Hi everyone.

I thought I would share a picture of my somewhat new-to-me Rav4. My wife and I recently moved to the mountains, but I commute 110 miles a day with a drive home elevation gain of 4,400 feet . I purchased this V6 to get me up the mountains, but am happy with the 23-24 mpg's I get.

I am not kidding when I say I have been wanting this for a couple years. It's the perfect car for exploring fire roads, camping and road trips in general. I hope to make it look a bit more adventurous as time goes by.

Incidentally, we sold our FJ to get this as it's much more practical and we plan on starting a family soon.

The wheels are 16 x 8 American Racing, +35 offset. Tires are 225/70-16 BFG AT KO2's. As most of you are aware, lot's of space in the fenders. No rubbing with this wheel offset and width. The tires are still within the fender well.

I will post better pictures as I get the opportunity. Thanks everyone for the great and helpful forum.

This looks great!! Tires look meaty as hell!

Could you take a picture directly from the rear of the vehicle (from a lower angle?) I just want to see the width/stance of a 8" wide rim with +35 offset. Thanks!!

09' RAV4 Limited V6 - Blizzard Pearl White - 4WD & Tow Prep
118R3volution is offline  
 
post #374 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 02:02 PM
Senior Member
Country: AudioQuest's Flag is: Canada
 
AudioQuest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: London, ON
Posts: 293
Thanks: 4
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Here are my RTX "OEM" series wheels. 45mm offset and oem center-bore so no adapter rings needed. They look very similar to the oem appearance-package 17" wheels.
20160803_135728.jpg

20160803_135751.jpg

2011 RAV4 Pacific Blue Base AWD
2015 Nissan Rogue SV
1991 Honda CRX Si
AudioQuest is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to AudioQuest For This Useful Post:
JuneBug (09-02-2016)
post #375 of 384 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 03:45 PM
Your Humble Administrator
Country: JuneBug's Flag is: United States
 
JuneBug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 14,301
Thanks: 368
Thanked 1,943 Times in 1,395 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
AudioQuest, those rims look really sharp!!

Help RAV4World members help you by providing your car's operating location in your profile page. Climate can cause a RAV4 in Dallas Wisconsin to experience a different set of issues when compared to the same model in Dallas Texas.
__________________

2008 Limited V6 2WD "The Silver Bullet"


JuneBug is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to JuneBug For This Useful Post:
AudioQuest (09-04-2016)
post #376 of 384 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 09:50 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 36
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)


18X8 Rennen's. 235/55/18, 45 offset which is the same as stock offset but this rim is 1 inch (2.5cm) wider. It pushed the wheel out 1.3mm on both the outside and inside. wheel looks a lot more flush with the body so i'm really happy with that. i wouldn't of minded a +35 offset either.

No rubbing or issues, it was plug and play. of course i needed hub rings and new nuts but that is minor.

VROOOMM

Last edited by Matt N; 12-19-2016 at 01:48 AM.
Matt N is offline  
post #377 of 384 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 09:57 PM
Member
Country: Buc23's Flag is: United States
 
Buc23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Orlando, Fl.
Posts: 67
Thanks: 4
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Not aftermarket, but will do for now...

Found these at a bargain price and a trip to the beach. I just couldn't stand the steelies
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0104.jpg (145.1 KB, 59 views)

One extends one's limits only by exceeding them... Fortune cookie
2011 Base it is new to me!
35% tint all the way around
1999 Mazda Miata R.I.P
2015 Chrysler 200 Company car (best mpg)
Buc23 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Buc23 For This Useful Post:
JuneBug (01-07-2017)
post #378 of 384 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 09:18 AM
Advanced Member
Country: ROLLTIDE's Flag is: Canada
 
ROLLTIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,074
Thanks: 33
Thanked 102 Times in 87 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 118R3volution View Post
This looks great!! Tires look meaty as hell!

Could you take a picture directly from the rear of the vehicle (from a lower angle?) I just want to see the width/stance of a 8" wide rim with +35 offset. Thanks!!
Maybe this will help.

2015 National Champions. 2015 SEC Champions. Oh.... and a Heisman Award.
ROLLTIDE is offline  
post #379 of 384 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 10:13 AM
Advanced Member
Country: ROLLTIDE's Flag is: Canada
 
ROLLTIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,074
Thanks: 33
Thanked 102 Times in 87 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomdg View Post
Here are some pics of the 2014 GTR OEM forged wheels mounted on the RAV.

Wheel specs: 2013-2014 Nissan GTR OEM Rays Engineering Forged Alloy Wheels

Front Wheels: 20" x 9.5", 45mm offset (I have them mounted on Eibach 25mm spacers to push them out further for a more aggressive look and handling)
Front Tires: Dunlop Sport Maxx RFT 255/40/ZR20 (future: will mount Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 255/40/ZR20 tires when these wear out, currently sitting in storage)

Rear Wheels: 20" x 10.5" 25mm offset
Rear Tires: Dunlop Sport Maxx RFT 285/35/ZR20 (future: will mount Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 295/35/ZR20 tires when these wear out, currently sitting in storage)

The gunmetal metallic gray paint finish compliments the Flint Mica paint on my RAV4 very well.

Enjoy!






I love the look of your work and would like to do something like that with my RAV but unfortunately... wheel knowledge, offsets, etc geometry is out of my range of instant comprehension. So... stupid-ass question time begs your indulgence after you stop laughing.

1. Why are the front and rear tire sizes different? Is this to level out the vehicle and not make it so "front heavy", because your RAV looks relatively horizontal friendly.

2. And are the back tires @ 285/35/ZR20 that size to appear (be) wider (as in "out more") in contrast to the front tires?

3. And you say you have 295/35/ZR20 tires in waiting. So.... they would look even more "out" of the rear wells in the rear when applied thus look more aggressive?

4. And finally... I'd prefer a "beefier" off road look - more tire - less alloy. Would such beefier tires/smaller alloys of the same circumference dimensions respectively, affect gas mileage more or less than yours? Or it wouldn't matter because the tire circumference is the same, and it takes the same amount of time to rotate?

Cameron

2015 National Champions. 2015 SEC Champions. Oh.... and a Heisman Award.
ROLLTIDE is offline  
post #380 of 384 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 05:01 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 172
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLTIDE View Post
I love the look of your work and would like to do something like that with my RAV but unfortunately... wheel knowledge, offsets, etc geometry is out of my range of instant comprehension. So... stupid-ass question time begs your indulgence after you stop laughing.

1. Why are the front and rear tire sizes different? Is this to level out the vehicle and not make it so "front heavy", because your RAV looks relatively horizontal friendly.

2. And are the back tires @ 285/35/ZR20 that size to appear (be) wider (as in "out more") in contrast to the front tires?

3. And you say you have 295/35/ZR20 tires in waiting. So.... they would look even more "out" of the rear wells in the rear when applied thus look more aggressive?

4. And finally... I'd prefer a "beefier" off road look - more tire - less alloy. Would such beefier tires/smaller alloys of the same circumference dimensions respectively, affect gas mileage more or less than yours? Or it wouldn't matter because the tire circumference is the same, and it takes the same amount of time to rotate?

Cameron
Maybe this helps...
1 the wider rear tires are mostly for looks. If you were Autocrossing the wider rear tires would help with oversteer, but this is most likely for looks.

2 yes. The wider tires along with the lower offset give the rav a wider track. This also lowers the center of gravity and will help handling and high speed stability.

3 10mm wider is hardly noticeable. In the current setup the front wheels are actually taller than the rear ones, by going to a 295 it will make the rear ones slightly taller than the front.

4 more tire with less rim would use more gas. While the circumference would be the same the taller side wall would flex more. This flexing would cost gas mileage. The low side wall offers less resistance to the road so less fuel is needed, but less sidewall flex means a stiffer ride.
I replaced my 235/55-18s with 235/65-17s and got a much softer ride. I lost 1-2MPG which is not bad since I have great tires that I can run all year long.
rav4system2 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to rav4system2 For This Useful Post:
ROLLTIDE (02-24-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome