2011 Toyota RAV4 Limited right side mirror/turn signal/heated Broken Off- replace? - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 Exterior Tires, Wheels, Lights, Spoilers, Flares, Bars, Tow Hitches, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 04:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
2011 Toyota RAV4 Limited right side mirror/turn signal/heated Broken Off- replace?

Passenger side side rear view mirror/turn signal/heated..etc side swiped...need to get replaced...Body Shop or Toyota Dealer?? Or order myself and replace??? Any advise???

U.S. Navy(Ret.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 12:29 PM

There are a number of threads on this if you do a search. I guess it all depends on your budget and time. Mirrors are generally easy to replace if there's no body damage. I haven't needed to do my Rav4, but I have replaced on other cars easily.
Here's a link (courtesy of JuneBug's post back in 2010) with a pdf on how to replace mirrors. http://www.rav4world.com/pdf/Mirror_removal.pdf

You can judge from that if you want to DIY. Then you have to look into OEM vs aftermarket mirrors (and how one matches up to your driver side.) Others might chime in on their experiences there.
Good luck and thanks for your service!
#3 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 01:16 PM
avs
Advanced Member

Just buy the parts off ebay or online toyota dealership such as TRD Toyota-Scion Performance Parts Accessories from Sparks Toyota-Scion to save you some cash. No need to go to body shop for it. I believe the mirror cover should be pre-painted. I'm not 100% sure though.
#4 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 02:14 PM

(Thread Starter)
...."mirror cover should be pre-painted"....yes it is. Just looked at it again this morning & it looks like everything is there & in place with the exception of the "Cover" Mirror Adjustment works....Turn Signal Works....will try the Mirror Heater later today....if that works.... it has full functionality....& will only need the Pop-On Cover.....which is available with "Matching Color"....for about $55...from Toyota Parts....hope....see what happens....Oh....& thanks for the "Link".....Is that for a 2011 RAV4L install???

U.S. Navy(Ret.)

Last edited by rmcmssusn; 12-22-2011 at 08:09 PM.
#5 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcmssusn View Post
Passenger side side rear view mirror/turn signal/heated..etc side swiped...need to get replaced...Body Shop or Toyota Dealer?? Or order myself and replace??? Any advise???

one at ebay right now, if you want to do it yourself, buy it and change the cover of your broken one and you all set.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/09-10-TOYOTA-...item2314f15c13

#6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 02:33 PM

Although there are several threads and good instructions on replacing the side view mirror on a Rav4, when i look on line at any of the parts sites, including ebay, all the ones for sale are black. Is there any way to get a colored replacement to match the car, outside of buying directly from Toyota? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page