Projector Headlight Adjustment - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 Exterior Tires, Wheels, Lights, Spoilers, Flares, Bars, Tow Hitches, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Projector Headlight Adjustment

Hey guys,

My driver's side OEM projector headlamp is a little bit higher than the passenger side. (I've got a standard left-hand drive vehicle).

I'd like to lower the vertical adjustment on the drivers side headlamp and can't seem to identify the screw. Anyone with oem projector headlights adjusted the vertical height on the headlights?

My model does come with headlight leveler located near the light switch on the instrument panel, but this raises and lowers both headlights simultaneously while driving. Anyone got any experience on the euro model?

Regards,
Fender
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 07:24 PM
rns

I haven't adjust the headlamps but there are two screws in both headlamps. They are accessible from above when the headlamp is revealed.

I have Euro-manual somehow in Russian but
Translated from the manual:
Use a screwdriver to adjust the vertical direction of the headlamp according to the specified range using the adjusting screw A.
HINT:
Adjust the headlamp for the passing beam.
The direction of light moves down the rotation adjustment screw clockwise and up - the rotation adjustment screw counterclockwise.
Adjust the direction of the vertical, turning the adjusting screw on the vertical and horizontal adjustment screw in the ratio of 5:4 (5 turns of vertical adjustment screw is 4 turns of adjustment screw horizontally).

In the picture left is with headlight height adjust motor and right one without.
Attached Images
File Type: png b131422e02.png (21.6 KB, 64 views)
#3 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 07:48 AM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rns View Post
I haven't adjust the headlamps but there are two screws in both headlamps. They are accessible from above when the headlamp is revealed.

Use a screwdriver to adjust the vertical direction of the headlamp according to the specified range using the adjusting screw A.
HINT:
The direction of light moves down the rotation adjustment screw clockwise and up - the rotation adjustment screw counterclockwise.
Adjust the direction of the vertical, turning the adjusting screw on the vertical and horizontal adjustment screw in the ratio of 5:4 (5 turns of vertical adjustment screw is 4 turns of adjustment screw horizontally).

In the picture left is with headlight height adjust motor and right one without.

Gracias RNS!!! Big help here. I spent a while looking for this diagram in my manual and couldn´t find it. It only mentioned how to replace the bulb.

What is the different between the two pictures? One has a screw and the other has a box to turn? At least it looks like it. Are these two different types of headlights or will I need to remove the box in the first picture to get to the screw in picture 2?

Lastly: I see that there are two screws. Does one screw controll the high-beam, and the other the low-beam?

Or do both control the low-beam AND high-beam: One screw for vertical, another for horizontal?

Thanks again!

-Fender
#4 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 08:48 AM
rns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaifender View Post
What is the different between the two pictures? One has a screw and the other has a box to turn? At least it looks like it. Are these two different types of headlights or will I need to remove the box in the first picture to get to the screw in picture 2?
You have the headlight with the box, the box represents the motor for height adjustment as you have the switch for the height in the dashboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaifender View Post
Or do both control the low-beam AND high-beam: One screw for vertical, another for horizontal?
-Fender
You need to adjust the one with the box for horizontal move. Low and high beam adjust at the same time.

Just to clarify, do you have 3rd generation Rav4 because your profile says year 2000?
#5 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 10:04 AM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:

HINT:

You sir, and people like you on this forum, are the reason I love this place! Thanks a lot RNS!
#6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 05:33 PM

Where do you see two locations to adjust? I only see one, and it's a blue philips adjustment knob. I don't see two anywhere
#7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 03:52 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshooter View Post
Where do you see two locations to adjust? I only see one, and it's a blue philips adjustment knob. I don't see two anywhere
Hey Shortshooter, These instructions specifically apply to the European Spec Rav which has projector motorized-levelling headlamps.

#8 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Advanced Member

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Veliksam
Actually all Rav4's around the world (except for USA, Canada, and Mexico) have that type of projector headlights so the instructions should apply to any Rav4 as long as it has projector headlights

Sent from my HTC ONE X

-----2012 V6 Sport, Tow Prep, & 4x4-----
HU: Kenwood DNN991HD & back-up cam,
JDM HID Projector Headlights w/Toshiba D4S Bulbs, JDM Vanguard Tail Lights
Front DRL's, LED Bumper Park/Brake lights,
Laser Interceptor Quad & Passport 9500ix
Red "SPORT" Theme
----------
#9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 05:02 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by veliksam View Post
Actually all Rav4's around the world (except for USA, Canada, and Mexico) have that type of projector headlights so the instructions should apply to any Rav4 as long as it has projector headlights

Sent from my HTC ONE X
very true. I should have been more specific by saying non North American Versions!
#10 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 05:36 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Just to clarify, do you have 3rd generation Rav4 because your profile says year 2000?
Not sure where you see that I have a 2000 year model.. just double checked my profile and it definitely says 2007 like when I created it. Strange though. Let me know if for you it's still showing that way.

One last question RNS, to access the screw how long would you say the Screwdriver has to be? And secondly, can you confirm if the screwdriver is phillips-head or flat-head?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page