Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Best dash kit for KENWOOD DOUBLE DIN UNITS

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Fadhy93 
#1 ·
I had 2 pioneer double din units . fit in my dash kit fine. I dont know which one I have but I am guessing it was the metra.

I changed to a kenwood DD head unit and am using the metal brackets again instead of the plastic ones from the kit.

Need to figure out if I am going to be able to get the gap out from around the kenwood face. I popped out the little trim piece that was in the kit.

the kenwood comes with a trim piece but only way to use it is to mount the unit further out of dash then currently have it. not sure the brackets will mount any further back to place the unit forward.

my main thing at this point is the gap around the unit. I never had that with the pioneer as it was smaller and I kept the trim piece in the kit attached

I have a DDX773BH double din.

#3 ·
I had 2 pioneer double din units . fit in my dash kit fine. I dont know which one I have but I am guessing it was the metra.

I changed to a kenwood DD head unit and am using the metal brackets again instead of the plastic ones from the kit.

Need to figure out if I am going to be able to get the gap out from around the kenwood face. I popped out the little trim piece that was in the kit.

the kenwood comes with a trim piece but only way to use it is to mount the unit further out of dash then currently have it. not sure the brackets will mount any further back to place the unit forward.

my main thing at this point is the gap around the unit. I never had that with the pioneer as it was smaller and I kept the trim piece in the kit attached

I have a DDX773BH double din.
Hi Jax, Did you figure out how to install your unit? I am in the middle of the process with my kenwood DDX6706S. The frame provided by Kenwood is way to small to fit the big gap left on the sides.

#6 · (Edited)
Although you're not in the US, but you can always use Crutchfield as a guide to find out the necessary parts you need to integrate the audio, SWC, AUX and back-up camera. You may be able to find the parts you need in the Netherlands somewhere. For instance, just from your vehicle information, a controller option would be the PAC RP4.2-TY11, which will integrate with the JBL system, SWC, and AUX. You'll need the PAC CAM-TY12 to integrate the back-up camera. Another (more expensive) option would be using the specific iDataLink Maestro and T harness, and if your Kenwood support a data-link, you can see some vehicle diagnostics as well.

#7 ·
Although you're not in the US, but you can always use Crutchfield as a guide to find out the necessary parts you need to integrate the audio, SWC, AUX and back-up camera. You may be able to find the parts you need in the Netherlands somewhere. For instance, just from your vehicle information, a controller option would be the PAC RP4.2-TY11, which will integrate with the JBL system, SWC, and AUX. You'll need the PAC CAM-TY12 to integrate the back-up camera. Another (more expensive) option would be using the specific iDataLink Maestro and T harness, and if your Kenwood support a data-link, you can see some vehicle diagnostics as well.
Thank you very much for all this info! it will help find the right parts. I have noticed that Crutchfield has a Canadian website so I am probably going to buy what I need from them. Regarding the data link and T harness, do you know how can I check if my Kenwood DDX6706S would support it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.