Bluetooth for Rav4? - Page 2 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 Interior Stereos, Amps, Soundproofing, Seats, Gadgets, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 04:41 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spwolfx
in Toyota's, bluetooth usually comes with NAV, which is why you guys are most likely getting it in August (together with NAV)....
Yeah... nice pic khakiboy. 8) I wish Toyota had offered the nav as an option for North America Regarding "bluetooth"... yes... in past years, if a US optioned Toyota had "bluetooth"... it also had nav... as seen on the Prius. However... the 2006 Prius does option "bluetooth" with/without nav. I'm expecting the "bluetooth" option on the 2007 RAV4 to be WITHOUT nav Time will tell..............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 05:48 AM
andre

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
My 2006 European Rav4 Sol Premium came with Bluetooth installed. For the moment in terms of quality it is appauling (tested with 3 phones: Sony Ericsson, Nokia and Samsung). All phones connect but the audio is very poor and I cannot be heard. Not sure if it's a glitch ... checking with reseller ...

EDIT: Finally made a clean audio connection using ... a Nokia phone! Shame Toyota Europe does not post the list of "compatible" phones.

#13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 08:54 PM
Moondawggie33

Quote:
Originally Posted by khakiboy
I found a picture of the inside of a Rav and it showed the nav system and steering wheel controls for the phone. It also shows an engine "start" button like the Prius has. Pretty sweet! Too bad it's not available now.

How's that for my first post?
So WHERE DID YOU FIND THE PIC AT THEN? I just started a thread to find an in dash nav system. EXACTLY what i want

#14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 03:38 AM
andre

This picture is exactly the model I have which in Switzerland is the top of the range Rav4 (2.2 DCAT, 6 speed, leather seats, Nav, 18" rims, etc.)

#15 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 10:04 PM
Bazookadave

I have a 2007 Rav4 with Bluetooth. My phone is a Blackberry 7100, also with Bluetooth.

It took me about 15 minutes to "pair" the phone with the car (the instructions ain't exactly clear). Here's how it works.

If I get in the car with my cellphone on, the car recognizes the telephone. An icon appears in the radio screen indicating that the connection is active.

If I receive an incoming call on my phone, my Rav4 radio stops playing. I can pick up the call by touching the button on the steering wheel, and communicate with the caller using the RAV's speakerphone. The audio is played through the car stereo. Very clean.

To place I call, I can dial from my phone's keypad or recite the number using the car's speakerphone. Good voice recognition.

It's a fun toy and a great alternative to having to use a headset (or holding the phone to my ear).

#16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 11:45 PM
Moondawggie33

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre
This picture is exactly the model I have which in Switzerland is the top of the range Rav4 (2.2 DCAT, 6 speed, leather seats, Nav, 18" rims, etc.)
Do you have an email address to any dealerships which would be able to order this sytem for a US made Rav4? this would be of great help for me to get a clean look . what is the brand of your system. In US, it is JBL Sound Sytem.

Oh yeah. why the heck is there such a difference between countries with the options that are available and what can be ordered or not ordered. My local dealership said that is is not an option with Toyota Rav4 06. Then you in Switzerland have one...UGH

#17 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Esmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazookadave
I have a 2007 Rav4 with Bluetooth.

If I get in the car with my cellphone on, the car recognizes the telephone. An icon appears in the radio screen indicating that the connection is active.

If I receive an incoming call on my phone, my Rav4 radio stops playing. I can pick up the call by touching the button on the steering wheel, and communicate with the caller using the RAV's speakerphone. The audio is played through the car stereo. Very clean.

To place I call, I can dial from my phone's keypad or recite the number using the car's speakerphone. Good voice recognition.

It's a fun toy and a great alternative to having to use a headset (or holding the phone to my ear).
Hi

How is the sound quality while you are driving? Ie can you hear them clearly, and equally important, can they hear you well?

#18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
bluetooth

I have a new Rav4, 2008 limited with the jbl 6 cd system. Bluetooth paired with my phone ok. It is an HTC 8525. I guess the mic is overhead from what I can tell.
In coming calls mute the stereo and the steering wheel controls let you answer. Sound is good and makes answering calls hands free easy. Like many, the bluetooth misunderstands me at times when I try and dial by number, I am learning to speak rav4.
I am thinking of replacing the entire HU with a navi though. Not sure which on yet, either the Ken DNX8120 or the OEMvalue E7009. I have seen conflicting posts about the kenwood interfacing with the jbl amp, as I want to use it and the factory speakers. I would also like to use the factory mic, thus the appeal of the oemvalue unit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page