Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Best interior cleaning solution..... Any tips?

6K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  ShadowRav4n 
#1 ·
Does anyone have experiance with cloth upholstery cleaners? I would like to clean my seats, but not sure who makes a good cleaner.

#5 ·
If you get a nasty stain on the carpet, I have used a spot treatment from ChemDry. There isn't anything my 7 year old has put onto the carpet that I haven't been able to get out.

#7 ·
First thing I did when I brought the RAV4 home was to spray all the seats with Scotchgard. Second thing was to BAN all passengers from eating or drinking in the RAV. No stains yet.

#9 ·
Suggest that you send a PM to RTexasF. He has had considerable experience as a professional detailer and with multiple products which work and don't work.

#11 ·
Just wanted to add that Shout carpet/upholstery stain remover that is sold at walmart works pretty well and leaves a nice light fresh scent behind. Has a picture of a little girl and two dogs on the bottle. When you spray it comes out as a foam. Sprayed out a foam square to section off the area I believed had the spill. Then filled it in and let it sit for about 45 mins then vacuumed the area to help aid the drying. It says once dry to vacuum the area again but I haven't since the area prior wasn't visually dirty. Its been two days and the smell has not returned. I'll see how it is in a week or two and call it a success if the smell stays gone.

I'm not sure if my kid spilled something or if the take out my wife likes to get leaked, but there was a residual smell in the rear passenger carpet that bugged me. Best way to describe the smell is soy sauce and chances are it probably was. The Shout carpet/upholstery stain remover got rid (masked/who knows) of the lingering smell. Upon opening the car door first thing in the morning or picking something off the passenger seat floor I don't smell it anymore, its completely gone.

#12 ·
I enjoy detailing my vehicles and I have tried nearly all of the auto fabric cleaners sold over the counter. In over 30 years I have not found one that is significantly better than just using warm water, dishwashing soap, and a stiff brush. If a stain is really stubborn I might try some Windex or Simple Green.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.