2009 Base Rav4 Rear Door Squeaking Noise - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 Interior Stereos, Amps, Soundproofing, Seats, Gadgets, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 12:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
2009 Base Rav4 Rear Door Squeaking Noise

Hi everyone,

I have a 2009 Base 4WD Rav4 that I have noticed developed a squeaky noise from rear door, I brought it back to the dealer. First the lubed the weather seal around the rear door and that eliminated the noise for couple days, then the noise came back. The second time the dealer replaced the weather seal, no noise for about a month or so. Now the noise came back again! I have noticed that the weather seal is slightly deformed (I will take pictures later when I get home). Does anyone have this problem? What could be the possible fixes? Replacing / lubing the weather seal every now and then isn't really going to cut it.

Thank in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 01:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to yesitspeter
I have a sound coming from my 09 limited. It sounds like the glass in the door shifting over bumps. Does yours sound like that?
#3 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 02:18 PM

(Thread Starter)
It could very well be, I am just curious why every time the weather seal is lubed/ changed the noise would be gone temporarily. When I close the rear door it does seem like the rear window tend to move a bit.
#4 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Advanced Member

#5 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 02:47 PM

(Thread Starter)
Seems like my situation is similar as described in one of the replies, seems to creak every time there is body flex, bumps, etc. I am curious if there is a permanent fix for this instead of greasing the weather strip every week or changing the weather strip every month.
#6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 11:54 AM

I have the same problem and I am convinced that it is related to the nub on the bottom part of the door below the latch. I am going to see if the dealership can replace it or offer an alternative. Because it is an open cargo, the squeaky noise becomes extremely annoying.
#7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 02:01 PM

My 2009 Ray 4 makes rear door noises also

The rear door of my 2009 Ray4 has rattles and sounds like a styrofoam ice chest is back there. It has done this for the 2 years that I have owed the car. Dealership were I bought it could not fix it so I have taken it to a different one twice now and they work on it and tighten up things but on the way home today it started doing it again. Very annoying. I am sick of this. They cannot pin point what it is. At least they do hear it and acknowledge that there is a problem. They replaced the door latch and it worked for about 2 weeks then the noises returned again.
#8 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfan8 View Post
I have the same problem and I am convinced that it is related to the nub on the bottom part of the door below the latch. I am going to see if the dealership can replace it or offer an alternative. Because it is an open cargo, the squeaky noise becomes extremely annoying.
It is not the nub. You can lubricate it and it stays quiet for a while but then it dries out and goes to making noises again.
#9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 06:53 PM

don't know how helpful this may be. i had a bad squeek coming from the back of my 2011 Sport. i found the jack to be the source as it was loose in the metal frame. i took the jack out and added some 1" wide weather stripping at the contact points in the frame.
i have noticed a slight metal to metal squeek as of late when the rear seats are in the upright position, once they lay flat no more noise.

cadman

#10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 02:16 AM

Had a creaking, squeaking, rattling from the rear door on a 2011 RAV4. Noticed this about three months after purchasing the car new. Took it to the dealer. Mechanic rode around in the car for a little while. Then he took a clean rag, sprayed some silicon lubricant on it, and carefully wiped all around the metal part of the door that comes into contact with the rubber gasket. This goes all around the circumference of the rear door. He wiped it clean and dry and the noise were ALL GONE. Totally. They gave me a can of the silicon spray. Every 3-6 months or so, if I sense it coming back, and repeat the treatment and it is totally quiet. I think this is why car wash people wipe so carefully around all these metal contacts to rubber gaskets. A little grime gets in there and it causes the squeak as the seal isn't so good. I don't go to car washes much and I'm too lazy to wipe in there when I wash the car myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to steve626 For This Useful Post:
Rando (11-05-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page