2010 RAV4 V6 Limited with navigation. Warning, don't buy the navigation! - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 Interior Stereos, Amps, Soundproofing, Seats, Gadgets, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 04:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
2010 RAV4 V6 Limited with navigation. Warning, don't buy the navigation!

Warning the navigation, speakers and stereo system suck!

Hi everybody this is my first post. I just picked up my new Rav4 today. I traded in my 2007 limited to take advantage of the 0% financing.

The problem is I couldn't test drive the new Rav4 because they are almost impossible to get with the 0%. I gave up the JBL system with subwoofer that I had in my 2007 for this stupid navigation. I already had a Garmin and still prefer that 100% MORE than the installed toyota navigation. The stereo and speakers are absolutely horrible, tons of distortion with just a little turn of the volume. The JBL system was far superior to the navigation and I regret my choice. I thought it would be cool with the Navi but I probably won't ever use it of listen to the crappy stereo. Now I'll need to pay another $1000 to upgraded the stereo with aftermarket speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 06:08 PM

I feel your pain--made the same mistake not long ago. There was another thread about this recently and a few of us shared our cautionary tales--definitely suggest avoiding the navi system. Our dealer didn't have any Ravs with Navi in stock and got our Rav from a Chicago dealer--when it arrived and we gave it a look the weakness of the sound system didn't register with me. I should have paid more attention and declined the vehicle.

I do like the look of built in navi (as I've known too many people who've had a portable unit stolen) and that is what made me want it, but of course now I realise there were other options on that front. I do use it and for me it works fine, but I understand (from other posters) that there are better options.

I've not looked into upgrading the stereo yet, but it's on the list.
#3 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to AWDios Send a message via MSN to AWDios Send a message via Yahoo to AWDios
As a salesman this has been really frustrating because I've seen first hand how crappy the Rav nav is. All the other vehicles when you get nav, you also seem to get upgraded sound. Don't know why they did what they did, but it's too bad.

http://www.pstoc.org
Puget Sound Toyota Owners Club
Sales and Leasing Consultant - Toyota of Kirkland
http://www.facebook.com/rogercarrTOK
#4 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 07:03 PM

I just got one last week and I agree with the previous posts.
Is there a solution short of changing the HU? My car is leased so I do not want to invest into a new Nav.
#5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 08:59 PM

2009 Limited with Navigation and Nav does suck.
#6 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 03:19 PM

Wow, glad I didn't get the Navi. Yesterday I picked up a '10 Limited V6 AWD Sand Beige leather with everything except Navi. Wanted to special order a 4cyl with Navi, but the salesman just got in from another dealer the V6 with the JBL system. He said the Navi was a piece of junk and just test drive this V6 and let him know what I thought. If I wanted Navi there's always Tom Tom or Garmin. Well, I got hooked. The icing on the cake was 0% financing b/c we've had Toyotas in the family for over 40 years (anyone remember the '69 Crown wagon?).
#7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 05:33 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxhomie
Wow, glad I didn't get the Navi. Yesterday I picked up a '10 Limited V6 AWD Sand Beige leather with everything except Navi. Wanted to special order a 4cyl with Navi, but the salesman just got in from another dealer the V6 with the JBL system. He said the Navi was a piece of junk and just test drive this V6 and let him know what I thought. If I wanted Navi there's always Tom Tom or Garmin. Well, I got hooked. The icing on the cake was 0% financing b/c we've had Toyotas in the family for over 40 years (anyone remember the '69 Crown wagon?).
I wish my salesman would have warned me about the Navi but I guess all he cares about is his commission
#8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 10:47 PM

navi = no changer, no jbl, no subwoofer, and no bluetooth - Toyota what were you thinking?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page