2010 base steering wheel radio controls - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 Interior Stereos, Amps, Soundproofing, Seats, Gadgets, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
2010 base steering wheel radio controls

Does anyone know if it is possible to install the radio controls onto a 2010 base rav4 steering wheel. I called the dealership and they said they can't do it, so I was wondering if anyone else has tried. Please let me know what you have found. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 06:41 PM
Advanced Member

If you use search, you will find this: http://www.rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19358

Actually, you didn't even have to search...it's just further down on the forum section that you posted on.

The short answer is Yes, it has been done.
#3 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 07:05 PM

It seems as if Toyota switched up the wiring in late 09 from my research. If you search and read through the thread you'll see that a member with a early 09 model had the wiring in place for the steering buttons and for the fog lights. My base Rav4 was made in late 2009 so my theory is that they started using the components made for the 2010 Rav4 at the end of 2009. When I installed my autostart the installer had issues because the wiring was different than what the web page showed. I had my buddy which is a great auto electrician rip it apart to see if he could make my steering wheel controls and my fog lights work and I don't have the wires for the steering wheel buttons and as far as the fogs I don't have the wiring from the steering column. My buddy said that he can do it but that it would take a long time so I just had him wire up the back light on the steering wheel button so it lights up, and I'll just do the fogs whenever I get the chance to do it.

-VG- the great is I
#4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 08:26 AM

I think the difference is V6 vs I4, everyone who has V6 has successfully installed it, I4 not so much. It makes sense because it would not be cost effective for Toyota to make a separate harness for v6 base, there not a lot of them compared to I4 base... so V6 base and V6 sport have the same harness.
#5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 11:10 PM

I have a 2010 rav4 sport. I now have audio steering controls!!! I purchased the OEM part called the SWITCH ASSY STEERING, Price: $189.43 usd, from toyotapartsbarn.com. It comes with the controls on the left and the same display section on the right. Both have to be installed together, so your old display part is not needed anymore.

I brought the part to my Toyota dealer (in Pointe-Claire, quebec) and they installed it, for (get this) $38.00 , it took them 20 minutes. I am soooooo happy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page