Help-Parking brake & Console-I dropped something into the hole - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 Interior Stereos, Amps, Soundproofing, Seats, Gadgets, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 10:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Help-Parking brake & Console-I dropped something into the hole

Hi,

I`m on vacation away from home. Today on a driving rest -break a small plastic water bottle cap slipped through the small hole in front of the parking brake. I didn`t realize till now (new vehicle) that there was a flexible rubber cover- covering a hole- by the parking brake. Every other vehicle I have owned had a sealed area around the parking brake.

I can`t see the cap to fish it out and everything so far seems to be fine with the auto shift and the brake mechanism.

Does anyone see any cause for concern to address this (or address this asap while I`m on the road). From what I can see down the hole with a flashlight it`s mostly sealed cables and otherwise empty space. I think the cap went FORWARD and is mostly surrounded by empty area in the consol. I was able to call a Toyota service dept just before they closed, and they didn`t see any cause for concern if all is working ok.

I`m not mechanical. Even if I was home, and had some tools, removing the consol myself is not an option for me.

Advice appreciated. This must happen a bunch with this design. Even spilling coffee or muffin crumbs down the hole while parked, since the emerg brake is up and space is vulnerable.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 01:41 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I would not worry about it. Adjusting "Parking brake" and removing center console will tell you how to get into the area if you like.

2009 V6 4wd Base
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page